I never really see people talking about it much on here.

I liked it, it's not their best album ever but I like the overall sound of it, and I think it's a little better than Raditude. I really like Memories and Represent. I always listen to Represent before I go out and swim a race, it gets me really pumped up.

What did you guys think of it?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I thought Hurley was awesome!

Hurley is the Weezer album that got me out of a 5 year Weezer hiatus/nosedive, I'm probably now as big a fan as I've ever been. I think I burned out at Make Believe/Blue Deluxe, just lost touch for some reason, so I've had to catch up with Red/Raditude/Alone 1+2 etc etc.

Hurley gets better every time I play it, tracks like Ruling Me, Trainwrecks, Unspoken, I want to be Something really bowled me over by just how damn good they are and they pulled me back into the loop, I can take or leave some of the wall of guitar tracks. Represent is my least favourite track :O

Hurley is A LOT better than raditude. 
we knew that silly billy

The dreWid said:
Well, Marie said, "It's a little better than raditude."

edgey44 said:
we knew that silly billy

The dreWid said:
I like it. I especially like Unspoken and Smart Girls.
ive always liked you dre

The dreWid said:

edgey44 said:
we knew that silly billy

The dreWid said:
I like it a lot. Ruling Me is my favorite followed by Brave New World.

I love how every Weezer album has a new sound to it.

Hurley is a great album and sound, I just hope they do something completely new for their next album.

edgey44 said:
ive always liked you dre

The dreWid said:

edgey44 said:
we knew that silly billy

The dreWid said:

It's a solid album that I enjoy listening to.

Probably doesn't have the touches of brilliance that Red had but it's massive step up from Raditude and a step in the right direction for the band.  Weezer can still write strong songs, that's what I take from Hurley.

I think it's their most consistent album in the past decade. I can listen to it all the way through without cringing/pressing the skip button (looking at you Where's My Sex although i do like the melody of that chorus). Ruling Me, Trainwrecks (and the fact it features Alex from Phantom Planet gets bonus points here), Unspoken, Run Away, Hang On, Smart Girls and Time Flies are all very solid tracks. Memories and Brave New World get a little less love but are this enjoyable (still I absolutely love the bridge in the latter).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video