What do old =w= fans think of Weezer's cover of "Velouria"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihU6TXtDs_8

Its my favourite cover that =w= has done, you can clearly hear all the instruments on it and I love how they did it in their own way. I was just wondering if =w= fans who only really like Blue and Pinkerton like it because it was the first track after the Pinkerton era.

Tags: 1999, Pixies, Weezer, cover

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would really like to see them cover Gigantic, Hey or Where Is My Mind?.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

I'd like to hear more Pixies covers... maybe Where is My Mind?  Oh, and of course it's one of the best covers I think they've ever done.  But it's not my favorite Pixies song.

I love this cover.. probably one of my favorites too.   Brings back so many memories from my glorious high school days. 

I've been listening to Weezer's cover of the song as well as the Pixies original, and I have to say that I think the cover is better. The chorus has a lot more "push" to it than the Pixies original. Don't get me wrong, I very much respect the Pixies but I prefer the darker feel of Weezer's version. Also, the fact that Mikey is playing bass on the track might make me just a tad biased.

I agree with this.. I love both versions, but something about Weezers guitar tones and even Rivers voice on this particular track always seems to captivate me!    I love it.
Tanya Michelle Pongracz said:

I've been listening to Weezer's cover of the song as well as the Pixies original, and I have to say that I think the cover is better. The chorus has a lot more "push" to it than the Pixies original. Don't get me wrong, I very much respect the Pixies but I prefer the darker feel of Weezer's version. Also, the fact that Mikey is playing bass on the track might make me just a tad biased.

I love how they did it in their own way and the backing vocals are just so good!.

BenGrant said:

I agree with this.. I love both versions, but something about Weezers guitar tones and even Rivers voice on this particular track always seems to captivate me!    I love it.

I feel like the Pixies original is more celebratory while Weezer's cover has a more spiteful tone----Rivers's voice has a real venom to it.

I agree

I feel like the Pixies original is more celebratory while Weezer's cover has a more spiteful tone----Rivers's voice has a real venom to it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video