Just curious to know

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Cello,Starwick,Ozma,Metallica,Ar and Li
Actually he said "They do "Weezer" better than we do". And he was way wrong.

The continual nintendo references in their old stuff were super annoying and Brummel has a knack for writing lyrics that makes the chorus of "Only In Dreams" seem like it was penned by Dave Mustaine.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
For all the youngin's here, get into OZMA, you will not regret it. Rivers has even been quoted (at least i think this is a direct quote), "They beat me at my own game", in reference to writing power-pop songs.

OZMA
Also, Brahms.
Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, Coldplay, NIN, Incubus (their older stuff, really), The Killers, Nirvana, Metallica (the older stuff, again), Seether... and for a few strange ones you will probably laugh at... Evanescence, Flyleaf, and (yes) Paramore. Go ahead and laugh. :P

Favorite classics: Elton John, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles.
could not disagree more. All 4 of their albums are power-pop gems in my opinion. The user of the eynth leads with the guitar leads is what does it for me. It's like the clever lyrics of death cab, mixed with crunchy guitars and weezer-esque melodies.

BackToSchool said:

The continual nintendo references in their old stuff were super annoying and Brummel has a knack for writing lyrics that makes the chorus of "Only In Dreams" seem like it was penned by Dave Mustaine.

For all the youngin's here, get into OZMA, you will not regret it. Rivers has even been quoted (at least i think this is a direct quote), "They beat me at my own game", in reference to writing power-pop songs.

OZMA
I forgot all about The Dead Milkmen.
They along with TMBG steered me away from Vanilla Ice way back when.
I think in this case clever is in the ear of the listener

could not disagree more. All 4 of their albums are power-pop gems in my opinion. The user of the eynth leads with the guitar leads is what does it for me. It's like the clever lyrics of death cab, mixed with crunchy guitars and weezer-esque melodies.

BackToSchool said:

OZMA
Yeah dude, Ozma is sick- Im listening to Game Over right now.

OZMA
Queen, The Beatles, Beach Boys, The Clash
and also
Nirvana, Ozma, Manic Street Preachers

they are the most fav
Mae, Miniature Tigers, The Snake the Cross the Crown, Primus, of course The Beatles, Death Cab for Cutie, Alkaline Trio, many more
Primus Sucks!

Nerd Ferguson said:
Mae, Miniature Tigers, The Snake the Cross the Crown, Primus, of course The Beatles, Death Cab for Cutie, Alkaline Trio, many more
the beach boys, devo, richard thompson, neil young, nick drake, michael chapman, the flaming lips, springsteen, chuck berry etc....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video