What are some Weezer concerts you wanted to go to, but were unable to?

I really wish I could've gone to the memories shows, they sounded like they were amazing!

I also would've liked to have seen them went they went on tour with Blink-182 a while ago, another one of my favorite bands.

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Memories tour in LA. Wanted to fly down and see both shows, but I was too pregnant. Damn baby :) Would have flown anywhere to see that show!
I really want to go to the upcoming one at the Borgata (only one near me at all) but I can't afford it. I bought tickets to another show like a week before I heard about that show (bangs herself on head aggressively).
Lots...I took like 8 yrs off of live music shows, so I would've really LOVED to have seen any of the Red Album shows (Red Album holds a special place in my heart).  Also, after being at the NYC Memories Tour shows, I really, REALLY wished there was a way I could've made it Chicago.  Also, if my kiddos hadn't already started school, we were totally gonna get tix for the Allentown Fair (last summer in PA) for our whole family (my kids are also HUGE Weezer fans), but here in Maryland school starts before Labor Day, so we could not *sigh*
I saw them twice for the Bleezer tour. Didn't care for Blink, but Weezer was worth enduring Blink.
Seen weezer 11 times. Missed them one time in Austin,TX with the Foo Fighters because my wife was in grad school and had a test and we were unable to drive 6 hours to the show. I gave my tix to some friends and they said it was awesome. I still haven't let my wife live it down.

I saw both Memories shows in Boston.

That's it. I would have loved any others and I can't wait 'till I see them again, whenever that may be.

Eric does have a good point.  Weezer did their very best to squeeze every penny out of their fans by splitting the show into two nights and doing the rip.

Eric Herschler said:

75 for one night plus 75 for another night is 150 dollars.  I would easily shell out 100 dollars to see the Blue Album played followed by Pinkerton. I think most fans of that era would. I will not, however, pay 75 dollars to watch Rivers jump on a trampoline for an hour before seeing the album I actually want to see, only to do it again the next night. Just personal preference, though.

 


mr blue27 said:

What?! Look at your icon! You wouldn't pay $75 for that?

Eric Herschler said:
Whoops, wrong concert. I couldn't go to either night because they were 75 dollars each! I'm sorry, but no album is worth listening live for 75 dollars.

placemats said:
No dude.  The LA show was Fri/Sat.  Unless you're a part of The Breakfast Club, it wasn't on a school night.

Eric Herschler said:
The Memories tour in Los Angeles! They were both on a school night :(
no worries! I'm sure there'll be more opportunities for seeing the Red Album live. like you, the red album holds a special place in my heart. lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

oktobermama said:
Lots...I took like 8 yrs off of live music shows, so I would've really LOVED to have seen any of the Red Album shows (Red Album holds a special place in my heart).  Also, after being at the NYC Memories Tour shows, I really, REALLY wished there was a way I could've made it Chicago.  Also, if my kiddos hadn't already started school, we were totally gonna get tix for the Allentown Fair (last summer in PA) for our whole family (my kids are also HUGE Weezer fans), but here in Maryland school starts before Labor Day, so we could not *sigh*
Well, you're a better mama than me.  I actually let my kids skip school for the occasional special concert, so long as they keep their grades up, which they do.  Three times the past couple of years.  Not so bad, I guess.

oktobermama said:
Lots...I took like 8 yrs off of live music shows, so I would've really LOVED to have seen any of the Red Album shows (Red Album holds a special place in my heart).  Also, after being at the NYC Memories Tour shows, I really, REALLY wished there was a way I could've made it Chicago.  Also, if my kiddos hadn't already started school, we were totally gonna get tix for the Allentown Fair (last summer in PA) for our whole family (my kids are also HUGE Weezer fans), but here in Maryland school starts before Labor Day, so we could not *sigh*
I think that's really cool, and would totally let my kids miss an occasional day of school for a special concert! My kids are 9 and 5.  The Allentown Fair show would've meant my daughter missing her first day of 3rd grade.  We actually wrestled with whether to go or not quite a bit, but I just couldn't get my head around her missing her first day of school.  We are anxiously awaiting Weezer playing a seated venue in our area so that we can take the kids to their first Weez show :)

placemats said:
Well, you're a better mama than me.  I actually let my kids skip school for the occasional special concert, so long as they keep their grades up, which they do.  Three times the past couple of years.  Not so bad, I guess.

oktobermama said:
Lots...I took like 8 yrs off of live music shows, so I would've really LOVED to have seen any of the Red Album shows (Red Album holds a special place in my heart).  Also, after being at the NYC Memories Tour shows, I really, REALLY wished there was a way I could've made it Chicago.  Also, if my kiddos hadn't already started school, we were totally gonna get tix for the Allentown Fair (last summer in PA) for our whole family (my kids are also HUGE Weezer fans), but here in Maryland school starts before Labor Day, so we could not *sigh*
Most people who went to the Pinkerton show would agree that it was amazing and worth every penny... including the first set. In Chicago, Rivers barely touched the trampoline and gave a great performance stage presence-wise and vocally as well. That's not even mentioning the fact that they played 3 b-sides and Only in Dreams. It's sad you had to miss out on such an all-around amazing concert experience.

Eric Herschler said:

75 for one night plus 75 for another night is 150 dollars.  I would easily shell out 100 dollars to see the Blue Album played followed by Pinkerton. I think most fans of that era would. I will not, however, pay 75 dollars to watch Rivers jump on a trampoline for an hour before seeing the album I actually want to see, only to do it again the next night. Just personal preference, though.

 


mr blue27 said:

What?! Look at your icon! You wouldn't pay $75 for that?

Eric Herschler said:
Whoops, wrong concert. I couldn't go to either night because they were 75 dollars each! I'm sorry, but no album is worth listening live for 75 dollars.

placemats said:
No dude.  The LA show was Fri/Sat.  Unless you're a part of The Breakfast Club, it wasn't on a school night.

Eric Herschler said:
The Memories tour in Los Angeles! They were both on a school night :(
Any of Memories, and  Hootenanny tour for sure, but others would of been nice. I got to be in Denver Metro 2010, and Tempe AZ 2010.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video