Hey folks, just wanted to THANK YOU for coming over and joining me and the band on the new home of Weezer.com!  whole point of setting this up was to make a weezer fan+band community thats fun and full of potential for sharing cool stuff with each other - be you fan, band member, or whatever. We're all here because of weezer.

A very important point that i want to make is that this site is still a work in progress! We have taken all of the fans suggestions and wish lists that were posted online and emailed to me, and we have worked hard to include everything we can. Certain details are still being sorted out though. Some things we'll have in place within a few days, other things could take longer to create or change. Were working with our host Ning to get things right. Fortunately, one of the many cool things about the site is that its an open system, where the developers can build features as we go. So thanks again, explore, and enjoy!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very excited to see how flexible this new site is, lots of features and definitely lots of potential to be interactive and community based!
Feature suggestions -
Is it possible to bold screen names/user names so that they are easier to see when you scroll through replies (right now it's set up so that userpics stand out, but once this place is hopping with users, it'll be even harder to distinguish people quickly).

Can the time stamp be actual time and date in replies? ie: Sep 2 7:33pm instead of "5 hours ago"

Does the "X# of mins left to edit your comment" apply to moderators who may need to revise another user's post? It's not often that this has to happen, but should the occasion arise, it would be useful for mods not to have a time restraint to edit posts.

Also would be cool to be able to control how many replies show up per page of threads.
I was curious... maybe I'm just missing something. But are you able to organize your videos and photos to show up on the page how YOU want them to? I see a tab that organizes it by "Latest" or say "Random" but it appears to reset every time I refresh the page so I'm guessing that feature is one anyone can use.

I'd like to be able to set the videos or pictures I want to appear first.

It would also be cool (although not a big deal), if you could expand and minimize categories on user's pages. Like the blog or activity stream. Maybe even if the user's could set it up to have certain things minimized by default. Only in an effort to minimize a cluttered page if a lot is going on and maximize user customizing abilities. I know that's probably hard to make happen, but it's just a suggestion.
hey all.

lots to explore here and it's pretty cool users will be able to add content. at first glance, it seems a lot more community-minded than the current board system. the features seem far more user-friendly, too.

will there just be the one discussion forum or will we keep the atw/atnw distinction?

see you in a thread!

victoria
I was just looking to edit my profile information, I saw someone on here had a "joined date" and when I looked at my page it didn't. It was marked with an *asterisk but it let me choose my own date.

Will this be unchangeable/automatic once this community is launched?
Yup, noticed this too. Also curious.

Anyway, this site looks like it will potentially be a big hit. A social network + weezer fans is bound to do well. Very exciting! Thanks for letting us...I suppose you can call it "beta test" the site.

Jeri said:
I was just looking to edit my profile information, I saw someone on here had a "joined date" and when I looked at my page it didn't. It was marked with an *asterisk but it let me choose my own date.

Will this be unchangeable/automatic once this community is launched?
hey folks - thank you for all the great feedback here and on that google doc - im excited about everything we got going so far, can you imagine how crazy this place is about to get once we open it up? - and as for the boards situation, after a lot of thought and discussion, we are making the executive decision to embed a "classic" full featured board within this site, which would in effect make this current board hidden - maybe a mod only place for strategy discussion???? or we just mothball it entirely untill/unless ning has all the stuff we need board-wise. Its a shame because in every other department, the site system is dope as hell, and we were under the strong impression that it was no prob to add any feature board-wise. looks like thats not quite the case - at least not yet. So we're thus doing the right thing from the get go and going for the embed-a-perfect-board style. Anyway this change will probably be implemented in the next 24 hours, and we def wont do a hard site launch till its up and running smooth. Youll all be mods on it too of course. (ideally it would be totally integrated, but we can get it close enough so it wont be a pain to register/ login to the site and the board). This process raises a bunch of questions in my head about registration stuff (making it mesh with the ning deal, having same usernames etc) but we'll sort it out and make it great. keep the ideas flowing and keep an open mind!

and as for the several awesome threads we already got going here, lets not lose them when we embed the 'final' board. At the very least we got to repost em if need be, they are too great to lose.
update to the update - actually it looks like things could still go either way - we are trying to determine exactly what Ning can upgrade and how fast. If it makes sense to stick with these forums 'as is' because theyll have the new features relatively soon, then it could still go that way... stand by.....

karl koch said:
hey folks - thank you for all the great feedback here and on that google doc - im excited about everything we got going so far, can you imagine how crazy this place is about to get once we open it up? - and as for the boards situation, after a lot of thought and discussion, we are making the executive decision to embed a "classic" full featured board within this site, which would in effect make this current board hidden - maybe a mod only place for strategy discussion???? or we just mothball it entirely untill/unless ning has all the stuff we need board-wise. Its a shame because in every other department, the site system is dope as hell, and we were under the strong impression that it was no prob to add any feature board-wise. looks like thats not quite the case - at least not yet. So we're thus doing the right thing from the get go and going for the embed-a-perfect-board style. Anyway this change will probably be implemented in the next 24 hours, and we def wont do a hard site launch till its up and running smooth. Youll all be mods on it too of course. (ideally it would be totally integrated, but we can get it close enough so it wont be a pain to register/ login to the site and the board). This process raises a bunch of questions in my head about registration stuff (making it mesh with the ning deal, having same usernames etc) but we'll sort it out and make it great. keep the ideas flowing and keep an open mind!

and as for the several awesome threads we already got going here, lets not lose them when we embed the 'final' board. At the very least we got to repost em if need be, they are too great to lose.
If you go third party, leaving this hidden for private discussion sounds like a great idea. Holy crap its hard to type at length on this phone so I will go actually do my job now :)
I agree, especially if Ning is the hub of user accounts, if they're linked to a main forum and this main site has the administrative tools to ban/message/etc. But if it's not linked to the regular forum then it may be harder to get users to use all the social networking features. It's convenience is that it has everything in one place.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
If you go third party, leaving this hidden for private discussion sounds like a great idea. Holy crap its hard to type at length on this phone so I will go actually do my job now :)
looks like were going 100% Ning after all - we will be pushing the Ning people HARD for the member ranking type features that are common on ezboard boards. For now we'll deal. IMO its bizarre that this is not integral to their dealio. Apparently they had such a thing a while back but removed most of it in a revamp a year or so ago. So we know they can do it. So anyway, i think the plusses of the all-in-one site defeat the board features we want that result in dual login trouble. SO.... lets get ready for a big ol influx of people..... one thing we might do is hide or lock some of these "mod" threads. but for now were good.

the other immediate question is can we create sub-boards (atw. atnw, etc). ill see what i can do...
That is the biggest concern, honestly, in my head (the subforums). The place will be flooded with offtopic stuff if there isn't an outlet for it all. That and the fact that people can change their names at will.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video