An interesting article I thought I'd share, wrong on every level but still very interesting.

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pinkerton is a gem...Tou not one of my favorites..it stands out well in its time..and i must say i enjoy it much more now then i did when it was released the first time
someone needs to kick this lady square in the taco.

IMHO......
f*** that writer, and f*** her article.
The only thing creepy is that photo of her at the top.
And KID A??? She mentions KID f****** A as an example of 10 out of 10? That album is crap. GIve me The Bends any day!
Total crap. Look up 'over-rated' in Urban Dictionary. Kid A will be right there. It's a shame, The Bends and OK Computer were brilliant. After those, Radiohead started to sound like a score to a John Carpenter movie.
I don't think there's a better example in the 21st century of an 'emperors new clothes' album than Kid A. A brave departure for the band into exploratory territory that their previous work had allowed them to take ... but the journasltic fawning that accompanied that album was embarrassing. Instructions to the existing fans in the disguise of reviews that "you probably won't like this album but that's because your tastes are flawed, this album is a masterpiece and Thom Yorke is an avant garde genius".

Pinkerton has a heart, soul and sincerity that Radiohead will never be able to capture.

crystal_iceburg said:

IMHO......

Hahahaha awesome.

Have any of you seen this one? Sex Offender Week: Rivers Cuomo Messes You Up Forever

I don't know how I feel about this one. The writing's good, but it seems mean-spirited at times, and she takes bunch of cheap shots. Oh, you think he's too whiny, and Pinkerton is angsty? Gee, I'll bet you're the first person to say that since 1996. It's easy to say things like that when you're intentionally taking lyrics literally and out of the context of art.

On the other hand, she did manage to give a pretty accurate portrayal of what it was like to be 16 and have a crush on Rivers. Wowza.

IMHO......

Hahahaha awesome.

Have any of you seen this one? Sex Offender Week: Rivers Cuomo Messes You Up Forever

I don't know how I feel about this one. The writing's good, but it seems mean-spirited at times, and she takes bunch of cheap shots. Oh, you think he's too whiny, and Pinkerton is angsty? Gee, I'll bet you're the first person to say that since 1996.

Then, she rags on the lyrics a bunch and calls them creepy. It's easy to say things like that when you're intentionally taking lyrics literally and out of the context of art. I was a little pissed, and then I remembed the context of her piece... on an internet site that I'd never heard of.

On the other hand, she did manage to give a pretty accurate portrayal of what it was like to be 16 and have a crush on Rivers. Wowza.
i've always thought across the sea was creepy but still, i love it. everyone falls in love, and for some people, that love can be an obsession. that was what rivers felt at the time though, obsessive with the girl who wrote him that letter.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video