An interesting article I thought I'd share, wrong on every level but still very interesting.

Views: 460

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't really see the merit of these types of articles. And to describe Pinkerton as a 'sacred cow' given the critical panning it took on it's release for ostensibly being something refreshingly different to the new wave punk/ ska revivals or Brit-Pop is also a 'journalistic' liberty.

I even question if the album has been listened to reading this line - 'there’s not a shred of genuine feeling in Cuomo’s voice'. She must have somthing wrong with her ears.
nice to see that just about all of the comments are disagreeing with her.
Pinkerton is a masterpiece all of the songs are great songs with great riffs and getcho falling for you the goodlife are all songs ( along with everyother song on that cd) i love
i made this thread about two days ago, and in a fit of moderatorly retardedness whilst trying to fix a typo, i accidentally deleted it and couldn't be bothered to remake it.

i kinda applaud the way she takes issue with the legions of rivers-obsessed, muso-wanking fanboys that are probably more interested in the idea of pinkerton than the album itself but her comments about the songs are pretty much an afterthought, and a very misguided afterthought at that.

the comments on the nme page are pretty LOL, imo.
This article just comes off as hateful. What does she have against Weezer? What does anyone have against Weezer for that matter? They're not particularly arrogant or offensive.

Pinkerton is creepy, and you either relate to it or you don't. To be fair, she probably doesn't DETEST Pinkerton she just thinks it's overrated. Certain people will think of Pinkerton that way, certain people will obsess over it, and MOST people will completely overlook it. No matter; it's ours.
she's a b****

hintofcoolness said:
she's a b****

haha, short, sweet and to the point.
Wow. Pinkerton to me shows nothing but emotion, even in The Good Life (the most upbeat track off the album.) The real =w= fans know what's up...
so she a ho?

j-biebs said:
or she's paid

MakeUpOnShelf said:
This article just comes off as hateful. What does she have against Weezer? What does anyone have against Weezer for that matter? They're not particularly arrogant or offensive.

Pinkerton is creepy, and you either relate to it or you don't. To be fair, she probably doesn't DETEST Pinkerton she just thinks it's overrated. Certain people will think of Pinkerton that way, certain people will obsess over it, and MOST people will completely overlook it. No matter; it's ours.
Pinkerton is both a masterpiece and creepy. 
I agree.

hintofcoolness said:
she's a b****

GalaxyDuster said:
I agree.

hintofcoolness said:
she's a b****

Then you're a dog?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL