and scott shriner 

my fav is scott shriner or maybe matt sharp 
what is your outlook on it?

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dorian Zelaya said:
Scott! Can some one tell me how Matt was a douche

Um, for one he sued the band. I like Scott the most, but they were all appropriate for their timelines.
Scott is devastating!
Does this really need to be discussed?
Edit: Dorian Zelaya, just watch videos of his stage presence. He acts like weezer was a grunge band.

Better question: If the three of them got into a brawl, who would be the last man standing?
this is seriously such a stupid discussion. yeah, i'm going to come to matt sharp's aid, but you guys are idiots. he had so much personality, like him or not, he was a huge part of the image of the band in the 90s. the tone of his bass was great, he was the only one of the front 3 with true stage presence until brian got more comfortable, and his basslines were great.

listen to pinkerton, his bass parts are all over the place, they add so much to that album.

and why isn't scott as good? HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY HALF THE BASS LINES TO THE PINKERTON SONGS. watch a video of him playing el scorcho, he's just playing the root notes, it's idiotic. matt's part had so many fills and scales and interesting nuances, scott's version is a snooze fest.
scott

G Foo Chombey said:
Does this really need to be discussed?
Edit: Dorian Zelaya, just watch videos of his stage presence. He acts like weezer was a grunge band.

Better question: If the three of them got into a brawl, who would be the last man standing?
that makes me angry - how could scott treat pinkerton in such a way?

next week's weather said:
this is seriously such a stupid discussion. yeah, i'm going to come to matt sharp's aid, but you guys are idiots. he had so much personality, like him or not, he was a huge part of the image of the band in the 90s. the tone of his bass was great, he was the only one of the front 3 with true stage presence until brian got more comfortable, and his basslines were great.

listen to pinkerton, his bass parts are all over the place, they add so much to that album.

and why isn't scott as good? HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY HALF THE BASS LINES TO THE PINKERTON SONGS. watch a video of him playing el scorcho, he's just playing the root notes, it's idiotic. matt's part had so many fills and scales and interesting nuances, scott's version is a snooze fest.
hey Kathy.....by the way, no he didn't.

Snickers (ka.jr) said:
if its about personality definitely mikey welsh. he played with animals in the island in the sun video. that is super cool.

Mark Wright said:
matt has a great sound but i think scott basslines are more fun to play.
and snickers its personality
I love Scott Shriner. He is the real deal.
oh baby, don't mix business and pleasure.

Omletteburning said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
Scott! Can some one tell me how Matt was a douche

Um, for one he sued the band. I like Scott the most, but they were all appropriate for their timelines.
MATT SHARP

mikey welsh! love the vibe he gave the band. while matt is absolutely classic, and shriner is absolutely DEVASTATING, mikey is just so stylish and cool and blatantly stoned! and hilarious! while on Green Rivers restricted his playing as much as possible (although he busted out some great ascending chords on DLG and laid down the perfect groove for IITS), if you listen to the other stuff he was doing at the time, he was just so perfect for weezer, at least with the poppy stuff they were doing. the fills in o girl, the way the bass soars in TLTT's bridge "WHY!", the great melodic lurches in slob, the chorus line in sister song, and so on. and he laid down such a classic bass line for butterfly. yes, HE invented the roaming butterfly bass, not shriner. and yet again, just the attitude he gave weezer, what a bad ass. especially with the punk pop/skater style W had when they came back in 2000. definitely my fave weezer period and mikey makes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbn1xYN6n3c

need i say more? and did i mention he did all this while stoned? while getting all of weezer stoned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmz_GGbbJwE

case closed! without a doubt one of pop/rock's greatest bassists ever!

Gotta agree with Mikey, such a badass, and i love the look and attitude he added to the band, the Pop/Skater/Stoner age that sorta defines the early 2000's... but i guess that's the style i'm into nowadays. Gotta love Scott though, like, how can you not love this? Plus you gotta love the 50's-60's Fender P-Basses

SS2K PUNK said:

mikey welsh! love the vibe he gave the band. while matt is absolutely classic, and shriner is absolutely DEVASTATING, mikey is just so stylish and cool and blatantly stoned! and hilarious! while on Green Rivers restricted his playing as much as possible (although he busted out some great ascending chords on DLG and laid down the perfect groove for IITS), if you listen to the other stuff he was doing at the time, he was just so perfect for weezer, at least with the poppy stuff they were doing. the fills in o girl, the way the bass soars in TLTT's bridge "WHY!", the great melodic lurches in slob, the chorus line in sister song, and so on. and he laid down such a classic bass line for butterfly. yes, HE invented the roaming butterfly bass, not shriner. and yet again, just the attitude he gave weezer, what a bad ass. especially with the punk pop/skater style W had when they came back in 2000. definitely my fave weezer period and mikey makes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbn1xYN6n3c

need i say more? and did i mention he did all this while stoned? while getting all of weezer stoned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmz_GGbbJwE

case closed! without a doubt one of pop/rock's greatest bassists ever!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video