WeezerLip Extravaganza! (that's how it's billed in the press release) is almost here.

Check out the sketch plans for the intro - including a giant pulsating rainbow screen and Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne in bubble while Rivers is in his raft!

Also check out Wayne's NSFW poster for the shows http://tiny.cc/dfm5h 

I'm tweeting updates at http://twitter.com/futureheartday

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so if you've only read the song titles, how do you know the songs are full of raunchy, vulgar lyrics?

what song titles did you read?

Lewis Digges said:

Want to know something? I've never heard of TFL until the very mention of the group on this board so I really don't know ANY of their songs other than the titles and I have never heard Do You Realize either. They never got any airplay on MTV to my knowledge nor have they toured anywhere near here and according to Berry that they were more popular in the UK than here in the US, that sort of tells you something why their songs are not popular here or in general a song that is recognizable to me. So I just wondered what the big deal was in the first place.
Lewis if your not trolling just to piss everyone go off and seriously get yourself help. Your logic is so far off the deep end its scary, I don't ever want to read about you in the paper one day. Get help, from the bottom of my heart. As for getting back to the show last night TFL did a lot better job then weezer at the start, even Scott admitted that they didn't kick in to full gear til round 3. Great show by both bands in the end. If you never gave the lips a chance please listen to songs like Worm Mountain , See the leaves, and The Spark that bled. Great stuff.
The Flaming Lips hate is sad. The great thing about music is that there is something for everyone. I must admit that the two of them sharing the stage was puzzling to me at first. The Lips are certainly more experimental musically, while Weezer is a very tight power pop band. Having seen both bands live the one thing I can say they definitely have in common is an amazing live show where the performer gives 100%. The spontaneous nature of this pairing is really what rock and roll is about. The bands being on different ends of the spectrum musically makes this dangerous for both of them and exciting for the fans. I get that The Lips may be too weird for some people, especially the younger generation, but they are just as talented as Weezer. If you haven't seen The Flaming Lips live go see them with an open mind, there is no way you can hate them. Peace and love, peace and love.
"floating balloons of penises/vaginas/phalluses/testicles" This line alone makes Lewis the winner of this and any future argument on this website. I love it. Case closed.

I know I'm generalising a bit here, but I can't help but feel as if these idiot Weezer fans who were disrespectful and unwilling to give TFL a fair go are the same type of people that would've rejected Pinkerton for it not being Blue II in '96 and subsequently facilitated Rivers decent into mediocrity. It seems to be some unspoken rule that Weezer fans can't care for anything that deviates from the norm.

Wow. I can't believe this.. but I'm agreeing with Lewis. I think the format would have worked out better if it was with a different band. I saw Counting Crows/Michael Franti/Augustana do pretty much the same format and they NAILED it. I'm a huge Counting Crows fan and wasn't familiar with Michael Franti but I knew Augustana..and it was so much fun. Maybe =W= and Counting Crows should do this.. since CC has nailed it and Weezer could pull it off. I'm sure I'll be yelled at by some Crows haters but still.. it would be fun.  

Lewis Digges said:

From what I have heard from some people who posted on Karl's blog about the show was that the show wasn't that hot and all that TFL did were 8 minute instrumentals and the people in the audience had to sit down when Weezer stopped playing. In other words, it wasn't what everyone expected it to be.

Now if I were Weezer, I would get the following to tour together who are much better than TFL.

Ric Ocasek and The Cars

The Barenaked Ladies

Devo

Sugar Ray

The Offspring

These groups are probably 1,000 times better than TFL anyways plus they have songs that everyone knows. I don't think that anyone on here (including me) knows any of TFL's songs or a song that would be their biggest hit. 

The argument is ridiculous. Just because a band doesn't get tons of attention in the US or you haven't heard any of their songs makes them bad? I recently heard an interview with a producer (or someone who worked on the record) for Pinkerton and said that Rivers gave him a Flaming Lips album and told him to make it sound like it. Turns out music that hasn't had MTV airplay can be better than music that has (who would have guessed someone else could have a different opinion of whats good?)
Floating Phallus Balloons would be an awesome band name.

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
"floating balloons of penises/vaginas/phalluses/testicles" This line alone makes Lewis the winner of this and any future argument on this website. I love it. Case closed.
Haha, it would be awesome to hear them get introduced on SNL.

Senorpayne said:
Floating Phallus Balloons would be an awesome band name.

Stefan P'Pool JR said:

Pearls before Swine.  That's all I could say about the argument.

Imagine Sugar Ray performing with Weezer?  What a nightmare the parking lot would be.

it seems like weezer fans have always been that way with a lot of weezer's openers over the years. granted, weezer's toured with a lot of not-great bands, but booing doesn't get the band off the stage any faster.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

I know I'm generalising a bit here, but I can't help but feel as if these idiot Weezer fans who were disrespectful and unwilling to give TFL a fair go

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video