hmmm.... both decades have had some great weezer awesomeness. so im staying neutral on this one.

go for it peeps.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, well I've managed to make my points without name-calling or weak arguments, so I win. Your argument of remembering "Pork & Beans" (not necessarily something to brag about, considering that song came out three years ago) when I was speaking on a much grander scale did not prove anything except that you missed my point entirely.

Weezer's releases in the nineties (Blue and Pinkerton) resonate far more powerfully than anything they've created in the 00s. The millennium has brought us a few good albums and some amazing pop singles, but their legacy is founded on the groundwork of their first two albums. It's about quality, not quantity. Those two albums will always mean more to most of their fanbase and to pop culture than the seven that followed.

But it's the beginning of a new decade and I believe in Weezer. Rivers has made some amazing strides in the past couple of months and I know he can come back with a consistently great album. And I don't want people thinking I just want another Blue/Pink because some of my favorite Weezer songs are on Red (Deluxe). 

Red Deluxe gave me so much hope in this band. They seemed to really  take themselves seriously again. And while I enjoy Raditude more then others, it pretty much destroyed all the hope Red gave me. Hurley regained some of it, but I don't think this band knows how to balance its "quirky" image with deeper music. TBA was a perfect mixture of quirkiness(I mean it gave them that image) while still having a high quality of music. Ever since then, it seems they have tried to be too serious or too quirky. Not that too serious is a bad thing, but due to their image, I can understand Weezer avoiding it after Pinkerton's commercial failure. They need a good balance and Red Deluxe was able to do that for the most part. The only thing that ultimately  kept that album from greatness was the terrible track choices, which has been talked about too much haha.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Okay, well I've managed to make my points without name-calling or weak arguments, so I win. Your argument of remembering "Pork & Beans" (not necessarily something to brag about, considering that song came out three years ago) when I was speaking on a much grander scale did not prove anything except that you missed my point entirely.

Weezer's releases in the nineties (Blue and Pinkerton) resonate far more powerfully than anything they've created in the 00s. The millennium has brought us a few good albums and some amazing pop singles, but their legacy is founded on the groundwork of their first two albums. It's about quality, not quantity. Those two albums will always mean more to most of their fanbase and to pop culture than the seven that followed.

But it's the beginning of a new decade and I believe in Weezer. Rivers has made some amazing strides in the past couple of months and I know he can come back with a consistently great album. And I don't want people thinking I just want another Blue/Pink because some of my favorite Weezer songs are on Red (Deluxe). 

that's crazy.  how?!

America said:
00's, with 2010 being their best year yet
2010 was a great year for Weezer... but the best year yet? Only when it comes to the excess of material we were given. Alone III and Pinkerton Diaries will make 2011 better no matter what imo.

The 90s were almost flawless in terms of quality.  Almost every single song is a winner.  I get what American was TRYING to say.  But unfortunately, the mass majority of people aren't going to remember Pork and Beans when it's all said and done.  They'll remember 90s Weezer.

... Or perhaps Beverly Hills. 

Hurley, DTFM was pretty good. Pinkerton delux and pinkerton diaries for all you people who like that album, and the Memories tour.

legendofchin97 said:
that's crazy.  how?!

America said:

Lol youtube will always remember them for Pork and Beans at least ;)
Daniel [bleed0range] said:

The 90s were almost flawless in terms of quality.  Almost every single song is a winner.  I get what American was TRYING to say.  But unfortunately, the mass majority of people aren't going to remember Pork and Beans when it's all said and done.  They'll remember 90s Weezer.

... Or perhaps Beverly Hills. 

Wait...you think asinine is a bad name that you call someone else.............this befuddles me. also your argument for your winning is pretty weak so does that measn i win? Or we can just point out the fact that i was just having a good jest at your comment and in no way attempting to start a fight and call it a draw, you can buy me dinner and well get on with our internet lives.

The dreWid said:
Actually, the 90s are superior the 00s in every respect
To say that what someone said was 'asinine' is rude and insulting to the person. Name-calling was, perhaps, a poor choice of words on my part.

America said:
Wait...you think asinine is a bad name that you call someone else.............this befuddles me. also your argument for your winning is pretty weak so does that measn i win? Or we can just point out the fact that i was just having a good jest at your comment and in no way attempting to start a fight and call it a draw, you can buy me dinner and well get on with our internet lives.

i think, in my honest opinion, that if the last three years (last year above all) had not happened, i would have a MUCH HIGHER RESPECT FOR WEEZER.

(except for pinketon deluxe.  i'll give you that.  i enjoyed that.)

America said:

Hurley, DTFM was pretty good. Pinkerton delux and pinkerton diaries for all you people who like that album, and the Memories tour.

legendofchin97 said:
that's crazy.  how?!

America said:
ok fine, we'll call it a draw ;)

To say that what someone said was 'asinine' is rude and insulting to the person. Name-calling was, perhaps, a poor choice of words on my part.

America said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video