hmmm.... both decades have had some great weezer awesomeness. so im staying neutral on this one.

go for it peeps.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now, I am very forgiving on new weezer. I like a lot of it but I can't even fathom the idea that people would think 2000's have been better.

Has the 90's weezer put out sounds like... " We are all on drugs"..." Can't stop partyin" ...I'm your daddy"...
Well you see where I'm going.

It's not about nostalgia. There were no outright ridiculous songs on there two 90's releases. It is that, that makes 90's>2000's

Yeah. I have said this many times: I actually like Post-Pinkerton Weezer. That said, there is nothing they've done since the Pinkerton years that is CLOSE to the first two records. PIG is probably the closest they've gotten.

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

Now, I am very forgiving on new weezer. I like a lot of it but I can't even fathom the idea that people would think 2000's have been better.

Has the 90's weezer put out sounds like... " We are all on drugs"..." Can't stop partyin" ...I'm your daddy"...
Well you see where I'm going.

It's not about nostalgia. There were no outright ridiculous songs on there two 90's releases. It is that, that makes 90's>2000's

My favorite albums are MB, Maladroit, and Pink -- so I'll have to go with 90's\Early 00's.

Not that I hate the current stuff Weezer's putting out, because I certainly do not hate it.

If I had to pick, I'll go with 90's Weez.

I'm sorry but all your threads kinda suck
1990s, obviously! Not even every 2000s weezer album put together could match TBA or pinkerton.
I'm sorry but your attitude sucks, private.

Zak Barbezat said:
I'm sorry but all your threads kinda suck

When I first started listening to Weezer, the Green album was about to drop, so I never got to experience Weezer in their 90s glory, but judging from the music style, I love the raw emotional energy of Blue and Pinkerton far more than anything they have given us in the 2000s.  That's not to say I hate all 2000s stuff.  I don't.  Well, that is to say I don't hate any album that bears an excessive amount of lime green on its cover...

The Old Weezer vs the New Weezer debate will probably go on for along as there is at least one Weezer fan on this Earth.  Old Weezer wins for sure, but I do enjoy New Weezer also.  I know a lot of people want a Pinkerton part 2, but I don't.  I do, however, want an album that matches Pinkerton in its raw energy, its emotional songwriting, and quirkiness.  But enough of that....90s Weezer is my answer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video