Anyone else do it?

It was good but I honestly thought the meet and greet was a little disorganized. Maybe it's gone different at other times. Instead of actually having a formal meet and greet, they sent about 75 people up to "see" Weezer. It was impossible to meet Rivers because people were crowded around him. Brian wasn't even there (or I didn't see him). Pat was pretty swamped. The only person I met was Scott.

We were given MAYBE 5 minutes tops and then we had to line up for the picture. So basically the "meet and greet" turned into just meeting Scott.

So we line up and basically when you go for your picture, they just want you to stand in front of them. The camera lady would get annoyed if you so much as tried to shake their hand.

I don't know, I guess for $300 I just felt like we should have actually been about to meet them. I didn't expect to have conversations. But a "Hey hows it going Rivers?" would have been nice.

Also, why couldn't we watch the sound check? Why did the hoard us into a room and treat us like little kids when we asked to go to the bathroom?

I shouldn't complain. The show itself was amazing.

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps this was a symptom of Roseland being a pretty shitty venue. I didn't have VIP tickets yesterday but will tell you about my GA experience.  I've been trying to see bands at Roseland since the mid-nineties. Over the years it's gotten worse, perhaps due to the increased popularity of the bands I like. Yesterday, I couldn't even really see =w= due to the swarm of people in the pit. I'm approximately 5'7" and usually do not have a prob. But I pretty much only saw the backs of people's heads yesterday. Maybe Weezer fans eat more vegetables than other fans but there were a lot of tall people there! And the ground is totally flat at Roseland meaning no increase for the audience. I could see Pat due to the drum rise & I was able to see Rivers and the rest of the gang evry so often but not enough to get the group dynamic. I think the VIPs were in a raised section to the right, so if you were there, consider that a nice perk of paying for the VIP tickets! I looked up at one point at a girl in the VIP section who had a perfect view of the stage but was texting during Across the Sea. I was pretty furious! Also, people in the GA area were getting very heated yesterday and I kept expecting afight to break out.

300 is a lot of money and I've been to record store meet & greets that went better than what you described. This probably is not Weezer's though. And, at least you met Scott.! And I have to agree...Weezer still sounded fantastic!

BTW...One AWESOME part of the show was the signing with Brian Bell after the concert in celebration of The Relationship debut CD. It was great getting to meet Brian and congratulate him on the new CD. He stamped, and signed the CD and I got to shake his hand.

Well, I am off to try to catch YouTube clips from yesterday...

Most of the VIP's were in the pit. I was in the pit up against the barricade. The area to the right I believe was for people 21 and up. But I think it was open to anyone of drinking age. I am not sure. I can see how your experience in the pit wasn't very good. There were actually some people who pushed there way in from the back and were being very annoying.

BTW, that's cool you got to meet Brian. You basically got for free what I paid $300 for.

Kezner32 said:

Perhaps this was a symptom of Roseland being a pretty shitty venue. I didn't have VIP tickets yesterday but will tell you about my GA experience.  I've been trying to see bands at Roseland since the mid-nineties. Over the years it's gotten worse, perhaps due to the increased popularity of the bands I like. Yesterday, I couldn't even really see =w= due to the swarm of people in the pit. I'm approximately 5'7" and I pretty much only saw the backs of people's heads yesterday. I could see Pat due to the drum rise & I was able to see Rivers and the rest of the gang evry so often but not enough to get the group dynamic. I think the VIPs were in a raised section to the right, so if you were there, consider that a nice perk of paying for the VIP tickets! I looked up at one point at a girl in the VIP section who had a perfect view of the stage but was texting during Across the Sea. I was pretty furious! Also, people in the GA area were getting very heated yesterday and I kept expecting afight to break out.

I think you have a right to be angry because 300 is a lot of money and I've been to record store meet & greets that went better than what you described. This probably is not Weezer's though. And, yeah...Weezer still sounded fantastic!

BTW...One AWESOME part of the show was the signing with Brian Bell after the concert in celebration of The Relationship debut CD. It was great getting to meet Brian and congratulate him on the new CD. He stamped, and signed the CD and I got to shake his hand.

Well, I am off to try to catch YouTube clips from yesterday...

Just to clarify things....

I was on that raised platform on the side of the stage where Rivers sang parts of Greatest Man and Jamie.  It's a VIP section, but not the one that included with the meet and greet.  I got tickets there because when I went online that Saturday morning and found out that that main set of tickets were sold out, I bought the Ticketmaster "VIP" tickets that were listed on the same page for way more than the 59 dollars the other tickets sold for.  I only bought from there because I knew it would be nearly impossible to get tickets cheaply by other means.

So essentially, I had better VIP tickets than the package and I only spent 150 bucks a ticket.  Roseland was kind of clueless and thought that our tix were regular GA tickets and they originally dumped us in GA.  However, after some research and asking a lot of people, we figured out we were entitled to wristbands that allowed us to stand/sit up there.  I ended up running back to coat check, getting our jackets back early and sitting up there all night.  There was a little bar setup there and you could come and go as often as you liked.  You just had to enter by showing your red wristband to the guy along the rail and he let you right in.

It was such an awesome experience, I really don't know how to put it into words.  It was a perfect performance, with a perfect setlist and perfect seats.  The only reason people were on their cellphones often was because you got awesome pictures and there wasn't a better seat in the house.  On night 1, I stood in GA and thought it was great.  Night 2 blew it away 100 times over.

I totally agree it wasn't worth it. We were herded like a pack of sheep. The show was great if it weren't for being crushed by fat guys and ugly feminists.

I enjoyed the VIP experience, but it was better on 12/17 than it was on 12/18. During my meet and greet time with the band on Saturday Brian was nowhere to be seen which was a major dissapointment for me. I spoke to Scott, Pat and briefly with Rivers on Friday, so I was hoping to have some time with Brian. I don't blame him for that though, the I Love All Access people should not have let us up to meet the band unless all of them were present and accounted for. Also us VIP people should have had a pit in front of the stage or something like that to ensure that no annoying drunks who paid nothing compared to us stumble past us.
this made me laugh

Gecaj said:

I had VIP for both nights, and night 2 was much better in terms of the VIP experience.

In VIP for night 1, this woman would not let Rivers talk to other fans during VIP.

Woman "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AWKWARD!  I DON'T WANT TO MAKE THIS AWKWARD!"

Rivers "This isn't awkward.  Why is this awkward?"

Woman "I NAMED MY KID JONAS AFTER THE SONG.  OH MY GOD, I DON'T KNOW WHY I MENTIONED MY KID!  THIS IS EVEN MORE AWKWARD!"

I had the priveledge of attending both nights and appreciated the opportunity to meet other fans as well as the band (even if it was brief).  They're genuinely friendly people and attempted to be attentive to everyone.

I think that the All Access people managed the event well considering they had a large number of people to organise. Unless you restrict the number of people purchasing VIP packages or extend the time the band are made available it's bound to get crowded.

As for the experience of watching the band play, VIP ticket holders tended to crowd at the front of the stage only moments before the doors were open to everyone. There was no special section set aside for us. By the time all ticket holders were inside the venue we were pretty much dispersed amongst the crowd. This didn't bother me since I still had a really great time.

As for Wrestle with Jimmy's comments about "ugly feminists", what's that all about?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video