What do you like about it?

What do you not like about it?

I like all of its songs, it's one of my favorite albums.

If I could change one thing, I would have the guitar solos do a little more; be a little more experimental.

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone have any info on when the Deluxe version will be released?  

I doubt there will be a Deluxe Version. Pretty sure that was only for TBA and Pinkerton.
I don't think the production sucks at all....It sounds like a great rock n' roll album to me.  I love the sound of P-90 pickups with some added crunch.  I understand that people may not be happy with the solos....I think that Rivers was just looking to make tight, concise songs with no fat and get back on track commercially.  Also some songs sound similar, but it's one of my all-time favorite albums. 

I think it's amusing that Rivers is adding a very minor british type accent/fling to the way he sings the songs because of the Oasis influence. 

I think the melodies are incredible and the lyrics are actually pretty decent.  Except for Crab.  But on the whole the album played it a little too safe and the second half wasn't as impressive as the first half.  The solos really played it too safe.

I see what you're saying there and I agree. Also, I've seen a lot of mention of the O Girlfriend with the reworked solo. I used to have a few bootlegs but I lost them. Is there a definitive live version of O Girlfriend every listens to? Can you or anyone else upload? With that said, the album version of O Girlfriend is just pure pop-rock goodness.

Aus Untoured Since '96 said:

Well without the synth it would be the better version.

The original is perfection in the sense that it fits perfectly within The Green Album structure (pure power-pop).

I think the 2005 version, Smile on Piano, O Girlfriend w/ the new solo, Island in the Sun (acoustic).. some b-sides and a more Pinkerton-esque sound would make a better album of course.

johnny rockets said:

Just curious, because hey it's your opinion, but what's perfect about the original Don't Let Go? To me Rivers isn't even trying to sing with any kind of emotion whatsoever. The guitars are driving, and that's cool, but there's nothing special there. Personally it sounds like a very compressed and "going through the motions" kind of recording. The 2005 version, however, just enhances the song in every way. Despite Rivers saying the lyrics don't mean anything, in the 2005 version it sounds like they do because of the way he's singing it. Also there's that synth, the bridge, just a lot of fantastic things going on.

I don't know why everyone's obsession with the 2005 version of Don't Let Go.
I think the original version is perfection and that AOL one just seems empty...

Though I definitely agree that the live version of O Girlfriend w/ the new solo is epic.
I sooo want that too, Green was the first =w= album released whilst I was an actual fan, so it holds a special place in my heart. Brings back great memories of summer 2001, so slick, positive and upbeat. I need to hear Burning Sun in full on the Deluxe edition. The Pinkerton Deluxe was like 4+ years late, so I'm still hoping =w= will deliver.

Mike Elliott said:

Does anyone have any info on when the Deluxe version will be released?  

I second this. I mean there's probably nothing more than what we have in the clip (probably a solo and another verse-chorus) but I'd still love to have the whole demo. Melody, simple but effective lyrics, the Green era at its best.

Robert Hill said:
 I need to hear Burning Sun in full

I pretty much like everything about it, except that the songs are a little too short. Definitely my favourite album.

Yeah, I've always wanted to hear the whole things.

I feel like there will be a Green Deluxe, but probabaly not for a while.

johnny rockets said:

I second this. I mean there's probably nothing more than what we have in the clip (probably a solo and another verse-chorus) but I'd still love to have the whole demo. Melody, simple but effective lyrics, the Green era at its best.

Robert Hill said:
 I need to hear Burning Sun in full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHiWSoylmH8
"This was the last time Weezer performed O Girlfriend in concert, and only the fifth time it was ever played. "
johnny rockets said:
I see what you're saying there and I agree. Also, I've seen a lot of mention of the O Girlfriend with the reworked solo. I used to have a few bootlegs but I lost them. Is there a definitive live version of O Girlfriend every listens to? Can you or anyone else upload? With that said, the album version of O Girlfriend is just pure pop-rock goodness.

Well without the synth it would be the better version.

The original is perfection in the sense that it fits perfectly within The Green Album structure (pure power-pop).

I think the 2005 version, Smile on Piano, O Girlfriend w/ the new solo, Island in the Sun (acoustic).. some b-sides and a more Pinkerton-esque sound would make a better album of course.

johnny rockets said:

Just curious, because hey it's your opinion, but what's perfect about the original Don't Let Go? To me Rivers isn't even trying to sing with any kind of emotion whatsoever. The guitars are driving, and that's cool, but there's nothing special there. Personally it sounds like a very compressed and "going through the motions" kind of recording. The 2005 version, however, just enhances the song in every way. Despite Rivers saying the lyrics don't mean anything, in the 2005 version it sounds like they do because of the way he's singing it. Also there's that synth, the bridge, just a lot of fantastic things going on.

I don't know why everyone's obsession with the 2005 version of Don't Let Go.
I think the original version is perfection and that AOL one just seems empty...

Though I definitely agree that the live version of O Girlfriend w/ the new solo is epic.
Here it is in its embedded glory:

I just had a listen to it - it should definitely be on the deluxe edition in full form.

Robert Hill said:
I need to hear Burning Sun in full on the Deluxe edition.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video