What do you like about it?

What do you not like about it?

I like all of its songs, it's one of my favorite albums.

If I could change one thing, I would have the guitar solos do a little more; be a little more experimental.

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, I forgot to mention that in Rivers' home demo of Island in the Sun has some pretty amazing organ running beneath the "we'll run away together, we'll spend some time together, we'll never feel bad anymore" part. It sounds a lot more organic and ethereal than the power chord driven instrumentation they chose on the album and it's just perfect. I'd love to hear an Island in the Sun + organ replacing the power chords + the background "ooh"s on the verse being brought up in the mix + less compression.

Thanks for the O Girlfriend links homies.

Regarding  Island in the Sun, I would love to hear the full version that was played in the VCD. It's played so much more uptempo and crunchy.

I never really thought about the difference, but that would be a good version to hear in full.

johnny rockets said:

Regarding  Island in the Sun, I would love to hear the full version that was played in the VCD. It's played so much more uptempo and crunchy.

The verse in original form is a lot better, but the organ in the chorus instead of power-chords makes it almost a whole new song.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Also, I forgot to mention that in Rivers' home demo of Island in the Sun has some pretty amazing organ running beneath the "we'll run away together, we'll spend some time together, we'll never feel bad anymore" part. It sounds a lot more organic and ethereal than the power chord driven instrumentation they chose on the album and it's just perfect. I'd love to hear an Island in the Sun + organ replacing the power chords + the background "ooh"s on the verse being brought up in the mix + less compression.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video