What do you like about it?

What do you not like about it?

I like all of its songs, it's one of my favorite albums.

If I could change one thing, I would have the guitar solos do a little more; be a little more experimental.

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's hard for me to rank =w= albums.  Green isn't my favorite, but still in my top 10 albums of all time. 

This album came out when I was a junior in High School, right before summer.  So all the good times I had in the summer time, mixed with living in a beach town on Lake Michigan, make me think of the green album.  This album screams summer, just like a beach boys album does.

I too wish the solos had been longer, but as Weezer is right now, I'd take short solos over no solos at all.  The first time I heard "Trippin' Down the Freeway" I freaked out because it was the first =w= solo I'd heard since Make Believe.

TGA is filled with hits.  I think anyone of those songs could have been released to radio and done weezer well.

And the B-sides....Brightening Day and Burning Sun are two of my all time favorites. 

Love the album. The only thing I would change is "Don't let go" for "My Brain"

Well the production sucks. The solos suck. All the Songs sound the same. Its boring if you listen to it all at once because they all sound the same. Tracks 1-5 are awesome and O Girlfriend is solid. It has a ton of potential, but weak lyrics, over production and lack of solos weigh it down heavily.

I wouldn't say the solos suck, they're just not as unique as they should/could be.

The songs do sound similar, but that's no bad thing when it's a great sound. At least the album has good flow from one song to the next.

It definitely is the perfect 'summer' album.

Do you know how hard it is to make a guitar solo sound like the words your singing?

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:
Well the production sucks. The solos suck. All the Songs sound the same. Its boring if you listen to it all at once because they all sound the same. Tracks 1-5 are awesome and O Girlfriend is solid. It has a ton of potential, but weak lyrics, over production and lack of solos weigh it down heavily.

do you know how much that lacks creativity? Listen to Pinkerton's solos and then Greens....Pinkerton's solos are so well crafted. Its like Rivers actually tried.  I know Rivers can still write good solos. He did it after Green with Maladroit, Early Album 5 demos, Make Believe, Death For False Metal. Green's solos are lazy and lack creativity, but hey, at least its better than no solos *cough* Red, Hurley, half of Raditude*Cough*

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Do you know how hard it is to make a guitar solo sound like the words your singing?

Well if were comparing to Pinkerton, then the Blue album solos aren't nearly as good as Pinkerton's either. It takes a great deal of talent to make a guitar sound like it did in the Green album. The only thing lacking from the solos on the Green album solos is the passion that was present on the Pinkerton album, not creativity.

do you know how much that lacks creativity? Listen to Pinkerton's solos and then Greens....Pinkerton's solos are so well crafted. Its like Rivers actually tried.  I know Rivers can still write good solos. He did it after Green with Maladroit, Early Album 5 demos, Make Believe, Death For False Metal. Green's solos are lazy and lack creativity, but hey, at least its better than no solos *cough* Red, Hurley, half of Raditude*Cough*

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Very well put, Scott.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
Well if were comparing to Pinkerton, then the Blue album solos aren't nearly as good as Pinkerton's either. It takes a great deal of talent to make a guitar sound like it did in the Green album. The only thing lacking from the solos on the Green album solos is the passion that was present on the Pinkerton album, not creativity.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Thank you.

Jordan said:
Very well put, Scott.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Yeah but TBA's solos are still very creative. TGA's are not creative at all. They just follow the chorus.
Scott Alan Perkins said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Again the only difference is the passion element, not to mention on TGA Rivers follows the chorus/verse on all ten tracks. You can sing a verse on "Smile" while solo is going and it end when the chorus starts up. That's genius all in itself.

On TBA songs like "Say it ain't so" was all technical in a delta blues scale when it came to the solo. That's not creative, alot of bands live in that scale, for example Led Zeppelin. What makes the solo great is the pain you can hear coming from the guitar. "Tired of Sex" probally the best solo in a Weezer song, apart from "Perfect Situation", and "Tired of Sex" isn't nearly as technical as before mentioned Weezer songs, but again you can hear how angry Rivers is that he can't find true love just by listening to the solo. If Rivers was singing about a particular girl he missed in "O'girlfriend" you could tell by his guitar. I think you might be confusing creativity with passion.

Yeah but TBA's solos are still very creative. TGA's are not creative at all. They just follow the chorus.
Scott Alan Perkins said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

I have always liked that part about Green's solos.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

You can sing a verse on "Smile" while solo is going and it end when the chorus starts up. That's genius all in itself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video