for songs like unspoken, why bother, the good life, etc... did you like the acoustic version better?

for me, the acoustic version of unspoken as featured in the guitar center session, was WAY better than the original on hurley.

thoughts people?

(if someone has already done a thread similar to this, i am sorry. and sorry if this thread is extremely retarded)

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only acoustic version of a song that gives the original version a run for its money is Jamie (not including Butterfly since the original version of the song is acoustic and is perfect). Anyway Jamie is such a fantastic song either way. But the acoustic version really highlights that incredible melody. But then I begin to miss the crunch of the original version.

Also someone mentioned Private Message. The original 4-21 demo was perfect. Every version released following that (including the acoustic one, further full band attempts, and The Relationship's Hand to Hold) is inferior.

Oh right... the original acoustic version Can't Stop Partying. Not necessarily a favorite but I definitely do prefer it over all 3 Rad versions.

I like the acoustics, but the electric versions are WAAAAAY better (in my opinion.)
Ban the r-word!!! (which when you think about it, it's "ban the retards." :/

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

No One Else is also awesome acoustic.

I like acoustic version of Can't Stop Partying over the the finished glossied up studio version-that clubby "uhz uhz" just drowns out everything else. Just changes how you listen to the song I guess which is not to say a bad thing. Just different.
buddy holly acoustic is decent
"Unspoken" sounds great acoustic. I also liked  "Say it Ain't So" acoustic on Video Capture Device. Awesome.
I do like "No one else" acoustic from disc 2 of Blue Deluxe. I did enjoy "Unspoken", but I was waiting for the distortion and the drums to come in near the end.  Also, "Say it ain't so" acoustic from the video capture device is awesome, but I'm not sure which version is better.
I agree

The dreWid said:
I like the acoustics, but the electric versions are WAAAAAY better (in my opinion.)
true true true.

Nate said:
I agree

The dreWid said:
I agree. I like the regular Say it Ain't So better than the acoustic one, but i think Unspoken sounds better acoustic.

SubwayWolf said:
"Unspoken" sounds great acoustic. I also liked  "Say it Ain't So" acoustic on Video Capture Device. Awesome.
yes! theres something about the sound of say it aint so thats so epic that you cant even begin to compare to the acoustic version.

THE NARD DOG said:
I agree. I like the regular Say it Ain't So better than the acoustic one, but i think Unspoken sounds better acoustic.

SubwayWolf said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video