I apologize for the shakiness, but I was in the pit.

Tags: congress, dedication, fest, mikey, riot, theater, welsh

Views: 1395

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for sharing.
nice one

It was obvious that Mikey is missed and well-loved, and I'm glad there was that dedication and chant.  Everyone was clearly upset, and there was a bit of a melancholy vibe, but Weezer still killed it.  Thanks for posting.

BTW, I'm embarrassed to admit that was me yelling, "yeah Rivers... Mikey!".. (I really lost my voice).  I really wanted to thank Rivers for taking the time to dedicate the show to Mikey, because Mikey really deserves it.  I hope he's up in heaven rocking out now.

I finished uploading some more videos from the show.  Again, I apologize for the shakiness but the crowd surfers were getting worse as the show went on. 

Most of the show was great.  Teenage Bottlerocket asked the crowd to start pogoing, and everyone in the place did.  This allowed me to move to the front, which was right on the edge of the mosh pit.  Urge Overkill was fine, but they we were playing to the wrong crowd.  They didn't say much, and never introduced themselves.  When weezer came out, Rivers was kicking a soccer ball around, made the Mikey dedication, then the set began. The band seemed to be a bit down, not very talkative.  At least, they didn't seem as stoked as they have been in other live videos I've seen recently.  A stage manager brought the little acoustic guitar on stage that Rivers usually destroys at shows, but it sat next to the drums all night. I still had a great time, and they sounded tight, besides ITOTLOMD.  Only In Dreams live is always an intense experience.

Thanks for getting these posted... we were up on the rail in front of pat & scott, but we didn't have a camera proper, just phones... i'm glad you got the tribute, we got most of IJTOTLOMD... OiD is always intense, but especially so this time given the circumstances... brought me to tears easily :(

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I finished uploading some more videos from the show.  Again, I apologize for the shakiness but the crowd surfers were getting worse as the show went on. 

Most of the show was great.  Teenage Bottlerocket asked the crowd to start pogoing, and everyone in the place did.  This allowed me to move to the front, which was right on the edge of the mosh pit.  Urge Overkill was fine, but they we were playing to the wrong crowd.  They didn't say much, and never introduced themselves.  When weezer came out, Rivers was kicking a soccer ball around, made the Mikey dedication, then the set began. The band seemed to be a bit down, not very talkative.  At least, they didn't seem as stoked as they have been in other live videos I've seen recently.  A stage manager brought the little acoustic guitar on stage that Rivers usually destroys at shows, but it sat next to the drums all night. I still had a great time, and they sounded tight, besides ITOTLOMD.  Only In Dreams live is always an intense experience. 

do you remember the giant, amazonian looking woman who was up front?  She was seriously 7 ft tall.

Kali {Weezer Momma} said:
Thanks for getting these posted... we were up on the rail in front of pat & scott, but we didn't have a camera proper, just phones... i'm glad you got the tribute, we got most of IJTOTLOMD... OiD is always intense, but especially so this time given the circumstances... brought me to tears easily :(

Thanks for posting these

I don't know who she was but she was really nice, when I got up there to talk to her.

But from behind she blocked so many views from behind, people were going to go on strike and just make her crowdsurf the whole time. xD

But good for her. I'm glad she got front row.  Really nice girl.

If you are talking about Cladeedah I met her too at memories in Chicago she was the reason I was able to find my friends because they used her as reference.

Probably one of the nicer people I have met.

Radioactive said:

I don't know who she was but she was really nice, when I got up there to talk to her.

But from behind she blocked so many views from behind, people were going to go on strike and just make her crowdsurf the whole time. xD

my 4'10" friend managed to grab the front bar as she was falling forward, landing her right in front of Cladeedah (if that was her).  She didn't take to kindly to someone getting in front of her.

Nathan Chandler Drysdale said:

If you are talking about Cladeedah I met her too at memories in Chicago she was the reason I was able to find my friends because they used her as reference.

Probably one of the nicer people I have met.

Radioactive said:

LOL! yes I do!!! we remembered her from the chi memories shows, as well....

do you remember the giant, amazonian looking woman who was up front?  She was seriously 7 ft tall.

Kali {Weezer Momma} said:

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video