Hey guys,

I just found an awesome video of Weezer's cover of Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" at the Minnesota State Fair. I was at this show and I really liked it. I thought Weezer's version was better than the original. What do you guys think?

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome. This makes Me Happy. Weezer should release a Cover EP

I was at this show too and thought this performance was a lowlight.

BUT Weezer's version of this song absolutely crushes the boring original (and I don't usually say that about Weezer covers)

I have to admit....I too like weezer's cover better than the original...but I find the song itself disturbing

weezer's version is much better, but this song is just all around boring.  no redeeming qualities

I really like it :) I just wish that Rivers would play guitar when they cover it.

I like the original and the cover. I appreciate the fact that Rivers learned the many, many, many, words to that song. 

neither

I kinda think the lyric sheet works as a prop when they do this song (semi-serious). Wouldn't be as good without it.

Cladeedah said:

I like the original and the cover. I appreciate the fact that Rivers learned the many, many, many, words to that song. 

no looking at the audience during this song! 

Gohi said:

I kinda think the lyric sheet works as a prop when they do this song (semi-serious). Wouldn't be as good without it.

Cladeedah said:

He read lyrics off a sheet during Deluna Fest, and I'm pretty sure he still flubbed a line. My favorite part had to be, "Whistle! Whistle, g*dd*mn it!" I'd never heard the original before, but having heard it, I like Weezer's cover better, too, but maybe that's just the sound I prefer.

River's voice has that effect.  I hated Viva La Vida, and I really don't care for the =w= cover, but I like it a whole lot more than the Coldplay version.  It went from unbearable to slightly manageable.

WeezerWoman said:

He read lyrics off a sheet during Deluna Fest, and I'm pretty sure he still flubbed a line. My favorite part had to be, "Whistle! Whistle, g*dd*mn it!" I'd never heard the original before, but having heard it, I like Weezer's cover better, too, but maybe that's just the sound I prefer.

I think Weezer one upped Foster the People when they covered this song, it doesn't belong to them anymore haha.  It, to me, has a serious 90s vibe going on in it and of course a band like Weezer from the alt-rock 90s era is gonna do it better.

But man is this old news.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video