state your biggest weezer pet peeve mines when your friends have weezer on there ipod but the song is always off the wrong album and you try to explain to them its wrong and they couldnt care less

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets be honest, no one cares about Weezerpedia

Jordan said:

This (posted on the Weezerpedia thread):

Hey guys!

Megasnorkel from Weezerpedia here. You probably don't know me, since I've always been an A6/AllThingsWeezer dweller. Anyway, I'm one of the co-founders of =wp=. I personally do not have the time to fix the website right now. However, ohjonas (the other =wp= co-founder) is working on a solution to our down-ness. Both of us are really busy right now - me w/my job ohjo w/school and his band AND his job. Things should be straightened out eventually.

However (and I'm hesitant to say this), fixing the site isn't high super high on our priority list, as neither ohjonas nor I really care about Weezer at all anymore. =wp= was started in 2008, when our Weezer fandom was at its height. However, Raditude pretty much ruined being a Weezer fan for both of us. Over the past year and a half, the other moderators have pretty much done all the work. I've sold most of my Weezer collection and deleted my ATW account, and ohjonas cares even less about the band.

However, even though we don't really like Weezer or working on Weezerpedia anymore, we aren't really willing to turn the site over to anyone else. We both put so much time and effort into that site at the beginning, and it was our baby. We're both kind of control freaks, and the thought of anyone else taking over and changing things is just worse than letting it die. I guess it's kind of weird that we'd rather watch our baby die than put it up for adoption. :-/

I'm sure the site will be fixed soon enough. But =wp= probably won't last forever. ohjo and I still have a lot of talking to do about where to go from here. I can really only speak for myself, but it's always made me feel good that I was supporting a useful resource for fans of Weezer. Even if I don't care about the band anymore.

Thanks again for your support and your patience.

Waylon/megasnorkel.

Weezerpedia admin/co-founder/overlord

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's necessarily "evolved." Let's keep that in mind here. I believe that RIvers has it in him to create another great album. I enjoy plenty of post-pinkerton songs and find quite a few of the albums good (hell, I defend the merits of Make Believe and Hurley to haters quite often). What's wrong with hoping that they'll reach the same dizzying heights (not necessarily the same sound) of Blue and Pink? Nothing at all, I say. Especially if you can be constructive and acknowledge what the band is doing well these days.

The people you scorn for not giving the later albums enough of a chance are some of the only people left who are actively supporting Weezer and listening to their new music intently. Some people are just more discerning with what they enjoy, I suppose.

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

Of course he has it in him to create another great album, and I know he will. But his music definitely evolves. Compare his life now, to when he wrote Pinkerton... completely different. As his inspirations change, so will his music. People should learn to get used to that, or they should just stop listening to Weezer. Every artist on the face of this planet will evolve throughout their career.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's necessarily "evolved." Let's keep that in mind here. I believe that RIvers has it in him to create another great album. I enjoy plenty of post-pinkerton songs and find quite a few of the albums good (hell, I defend the merits of Make Believe and Hurley to haters quite often). What's wrong with hoping that they'll reach the same dizzying heights (not necessarily the same sound) of Blue and Pink? Nothing at all, I say. Especially if you can be constructive and acknowledge what the band is doing well these days.

The people you scorn for not giving the later albums enough of a chance are some of the only people left who are actively supporting Weezer and listening to their new music intently. Some people are just more discerning with what they enjoy, I suppose.

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

*I think by now you should know better than to make a broad statement like that*

so should I not listen to blue/pinkerton because I didn't like Hurley, that's pretty damn stupid

Jordan said:

People should learn to get used to that, or they should just stop listening to Weezer.

By stopping, I mean don't listen to anything else they release, because all they do is complain.

If they really don't like any of their new stuff, don't listen to it.

If you can't comprehend what I'm saying, then it's not my statement that's pretty damn stupid.

All I'm saying is there's no reason to complain, just don't listen to it. It's prefectly fine if someone doesn't like the direction Weezer's going. Just don't slam down everything they do. Listen to what you like and be done with it. Everyone has their own tastes.

SPAZ said:

*I think by now you should know better than to make a broad statement like that*

so should I not listen to blue/pinkerton because I didn't like Hurley, that's pretty damn stupid

Jordan said:

People should learn to get used to that, or they should just stop listening to Weezer.

lol I understand what you're typing, the fact that you meant something else your problem.

and the truth is I don't listen to the songs that I don't like. But every 10 seconds someone is asking for an opinion, then doesn't want to hear one that isn't in line with their own.

Jordan said:

By stopping, I mean don't listen to anything else they release, because all they do is complain.

If you can't comprehend what I'm saying, then it's not my statement that's pretty damn stupid.

All I'm saying is there's no reason to complain, just don't listen to it. It's prefectly fine if someone doesn't like the direction Weezer's going. Just don't slam down everything they do. Listen to what you like and be done with it. Everyone has their own tastes.

SPAZ said:

Jordan said:

I guess, I'm using evolve in its positive connotation. In my opinion, Weezer has never truly evolved past the Pinkerton level of songwriting. Whether you agree or not is your call. Weezer's definitely changed a lot, I'll give you that. I don't wanna seem like a negative nelly so I'll add that I think they've reached the Pinkerton-caliber a few times since (or come close) with songs like Miss Sweeney, Pig, I Don't Want To Let You Go, Perfect Situation etc.

(in before lambasting)

Jordan said:

Of course he has it in him to create another great album, and I know he will. But his music definitely evolves. Compare his life now, to when he wrote Pinkerton... completely different. As his inspirations change, so will his music. People should learn to get used to that, or they should just stop listening to Weezer. Every artist on the face of this planet will evolve throughout their career.

Marie said:

Amen.

The dreWid said:
People who only like Pinkerton and blue. 

With that, I can agree with you.

I guess, I'm using evolve in its positive connotation. In my opinion, Weezer has never truly evolved past the Pinkerton level of songwriting. Whether you agree or not is your call. Weezer's definitely changed a lot, I'll give you that. I don't wanna seem like a negative nelly so I'll add that I think they've reached the Pinkerton-caliber a few times since (or come close) with songs like Miss Sweeney, Pig, I Don't Want To Let You Go, Perfect Situation etc.

(in before lambasting)

Jordan said:

Marie said:

Sorry man, I didn't mean to sound like I was shutting down others' opinions.

SPAZ said:

lol I understand what you're typing, the fact that you meant something else your problem.

and the truth is I don't listen to the songs that I don't like. But every 10 seconds someone is asking for an opinion, then doesn't want to hear one that isn't in line with their own.

Jordan said:

SPAZ said:

Jordan said:

Thankyou! That's what I'm sayin'

Marie said:

When people think my "W" sticker on the back of my car means I'm a wrestling fan! Yuck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video