state your biggest weezer pet peeve mines when your friends have weezer on there ipod but the song is always off the wrong album and you try to explain to them its wrong and they couldnt care less

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This.

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

I AGREE!!



=w=eave27 said:
that everyting is tuned a half step down, so I have to keep my les paul in e flat
okay, i feel old now...

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

When I'm listening to the Weezer station on Pandora and "Oasis" comes one...I hate those guys.
Well, this may be a little ironic, and some of you might disagree with me, but this message board is one of my biggest Weezer pet peeves. I'm kind of a geek for message boards. I don't follow that many, but when I'm on one, I usually stick around for a few years, and I get to know interesting, thoughtful people I would have had no way of meeting in real life. I've had such bad luck with the Weezer boards, though.

For instance, I wasn't allowed to listen to the radio growing up, and my parents bought all my CD's (Celine Dion, DC Talk, Disney soundtracks, etc.) When I was 16, my friend gave me a burned copy of Green, which I liked okay, mostly because of how rebellious it made me feel, I think. I downloaded a few songs on Napster (remember Napster, pre-Metallica-brouhaha?) and fell in love: Teenage Victory Song, El Scorcho, American Girls, and Tired of Sex. I got on the Weezer board to respond to "Best Weezer Guitar solo?" Someone had mentioned Falling for You, to which I replied, "I think that song's called El Scorcho," and they made fun of me so bad I didn't come back for years. It seems like they haven't gotten any nicer in the past few years.

Their interface has always been confusing and hard to follow, too. A year or two ago, they had this weird way of nesting replies that was super confusing. This current version had a way of automatically converting your reply into html that was a major pain in the ass. Also: Why are we still Hurley-themed? All this white and orange kinda hurts my eyes.

I think what bothers me the most, though, is how asinine it gets on here sometimes. Most of the posts are redundant: "Favorite Album (Not pinkerton or blue!!!1!!)"/"What's your Favorite Weezer song?"/"Which bassist is better?!"/"Fav guitar solo?" I mean, I'm not trying to be abrasive, but who cares? Maybe I'm looking for something that I'm not going to find on a message board, but I wish that there were more in-depth discussions about the music. Some guy wrote a post on here, "Advice for Rivers" or something like that, about how special Pinkerton was to him, and everyone lambasted him. I thought it was wonderful, and I feel exactly the same way. I don't care if there ever is another Pinkerton because the one was enough, and I like a lot of the newer stuff, but Pinkerton is special. It just is. Not better, or worse, because you can't really compare it to the others. If you don't think so, you don't get it (which isn't a bad thing. You may have different tastes than I do.)

One last point, to conclude this rambling entry: the Trolls. I will never understand how a person finds enjoyment in sitting around anonymously being a pain in the ass to total strangers. I guess we're all more comfortable when we have a role to fulfill.

Anyway, if you stuck around this long, thanks for reading.
overreactions...weezer fans seem to have a lot of them

Jordan said:

This (posted on the Weezerpedia thread):

Hey guys!


Megasnorkel from Weezerpedia here. You probably don't know me, since I've always been an A6/AllThingsWeezer dweller. Anyway, I'm one of the co-founders of =wp=. I personally do not have the time to fix the website right now. However, ohjonas (the other =wp= co-founder) is working on a solution to our down-ness. Both of us are really busy right now - me w/my job ohjo w/school and his band AND his job. Things should be straightened out eventually.

 

However (and I'm hesitant to say this), fixing the site isn't high super high on our priority list, as neither ohjonas nor I really care about Weezer at all anymore. =wp= was started in 2008, when our Weezer fandom was at its height. However, Raditude pretty much ruined being a Weezer fan for both of us. Over the past year and a half, the other moderators have pretty much done all the work. I've sold most of my Weezer collection and deleted my ATW account, and ohjonas cares even less about the band.

 

However, even though we don't really like Weezer or working on Weezerpedia anymore, we aren't really willing to turn the site over to anyone else. We both put so much time and effort into that site at the beginning, and it was our baby. We're both kind of control freaks, and the thought of anyone else taking over and changing things is just worse than letting it die. I guess it's kind of weird that we'd rather watch our baby die than put it up for adoption. :-/

 

I'm sure the site will be fixed soon enough. But =wp= probably won't last forever. ohjo and I still have a lot of talking to do about where to go from here. I can really only speak for myself, but it's always made me feel good that I was supporting a useful resource for fans of Weezer. Even if I don't care about the band anymore.

 

Thanks again for your support and your patience.


Waylon/megasnorkel.

Weezerpedia admin/co-founder/overlord

This.  Maladroit is better than both Blue or Pinkerton.

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

apparently drugs are becoming a real problem in the US...

leftshoe18 said:
This.  Maladroit is better than both Blue or Pinkerton.

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

people who are like "why the hell would you name your band Weezer?"

mhmmm. they dont appreciate the awesomeness.

870923857 said:

people who are like "why the hell would you name your band Weezer?"
Let me add a point- I also hate when people my age don't like the Blue Album/Pinkerton because they're "too old"

Lulu Flores said:
okay, i feel old now...

Marie said:

When people obsess over the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and complain that Weezer hasn't made another album like those two.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those two albums, but I love all the other ones too. But the Blue Album was made over 16 years ago, as music evolves, Weezer will too. Just give the newer albums a chance too...they're pretty good.

I really agree with everything that you've said.  I don't mind the "favorite ____" discussions, because it lets you have a feel for what kind of people are on here maybe? but I would totally appreciate some more in depth discussions as well.  I don't really like the discussions about which albums are worthless because I don't think any of them are.  I think there's a difference between being a "weezer fan" and "being a fan of some of weezer's music" and no one really got on these boards to hear that their favorite band doesn't know how to make good music anymore.  Each of their albums are different and special and in each of them is a collection of thought and hard work.

 

I don't mind the colors and themes so much, although the newer albums could use some recognition.  I feel like Death to False Metal was treated like an E.P.  There wasn't a very good introduction to the new album coming out and then it was kind of lost behind the Deluxe Pinkerton release, which was MUCH more of an E.P. considering we already had most of the songs anyways.

 



WeezerWoman said:

Well, this may be a little ironic, and some of you might disagree with me, but this message board is one of my biggest Weezer pet peeves. I'm kind of a geek for message boards. I don't follow that many, but when I'm on one, I usually stick around for a few years, and I get to know interesting, thoughtful people I would have had no way of meeting in real life. I've had such bad luck with the Weezer boards, though.

For instance, I wasn't allowed to listen to the radio growing up, and my parents bought all my CD's (Celine Dion, DC Talk, Disney soundtracks, etc.) When I was 16, my friend gave me a burned copy of Green, which I liked okay, mostly because of how rebellious it made me feel, I think. I downloaded a few songs on Napster (remember Napster, pre-Metallica-brouhaha?) and fell in love: Teenage Victory Song, El Scorcho, American Girls, and Tired of Sex. I got on the Weezer board to respond to "Best Weezer Guitar solo?" Someone had mentioned Falling for You, to which I replied, "I think that song's called El Scorcho," and they made fun of me so bad I didn't come back for years. It seems like they haven't gotten any nicer in the past few years.

Their interface has always been confusing and hard to follow, too. A year or two ago, they had this weird way of nesting replies that was super confusing. This current version had a way of automatically converting your reply into html that was a major pain in the ass. Also: Why are we still Hurley-themed? All this white and orange kinda hurts my eyes.

I think what bothers me the most, though, is how asinine it gets on here sometimes. Most of the posts are redundant: "Favorite Album (Not pinkerton or blue!!!1!!)"/"What's your Favorite Weezer song?"/"Which bassist is better?!"/"Fav guitar solo?" I mean, I'm not trying to be abrasive, but who cares? Maybe I'm looking for something that I'm not going to find on a message board, but I wish that there were more in-depth discussions about the music. Some guy wrote a post on here, "Advice for Rivers" or something like that, about how special Pinkerton was to him, and everyone lambasted him. I thought it was wonderful, and I feel exactly the same way. I don't care if there ever is another Pinkerton because the one was enough, and I like a lot of the newer stuff, but Pinkerton is special. It just is. Not better, or worse, because you can't really compare it to the others. If you don't think so, you don't get it (which isn't a bad thing. You may have different tastes than I do.)

One last point, to conclude this rambling entry: the Trolls. I will never understand how a person finds enjoyment in sitting around anonymously being a pain in the ass to total strangers. I guess we're all more comfortable when we have a role to fulfill.

Anyway, if you stuck around this long, thanks for reading.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video