What is the best pedals to get for the Crunchy Distortion sound Weezer is known for?

Tags: Guitar, Pedal

Views: 2108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check weezerpedia it shal tell thow brohem
I don't know, but if you are ever playing on just an amp, put the treble on 6, the middle on 4, and the bass on 7. It sounds great
DUDE!!!

Taylor Keefe said:

IT DOESN'T SOUND GREAT ON EVERY AMP WHAT AMP ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT HIS AMP COULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM DON'T MISLEAD THE POOR CHILD

The dreWid said:

I don't know, but if you are ever playing on just an amp, put the treble on 6, the middle on 4, and the bass on 7. It sounds great
I walked across stage the other day looks like brian and rivers are still sporting DS-2's but scot has himself the funnest thing ever the moog taurus pedal
The Rat is a pretty decent way for a beginner to get that crunchy Weezer sound.
Check out this link: http://classic.weezer.com/info/equipment/r_94v.html

I haven't dug through the website to find your answer, but the sound of Rivers guitar has a lot to do with the amp as well. I believe he used a Marshall amp, at least that is if you're talking about the Blue album / Pinkerton sound. For pedals, I believe the Big Muff NYC Reissue pedal was used for Pikerton - I have the pedal and I can say, it's one of the best sounding distortion pedals I've ever heard.
There's a list of Brian's gear in that article I posted, including pedals.

They used to play not only with Mashall stacks, but with Mesa Boogie's too ( as you can see in the pictured inside the 'Blue' album cover on the left side).


I think their distortion comes from the amps, but Rivers used some Z-Vex pedal to record the Green album (Fuzz Factory on Photograph's solo and a Super Hard On on Island In The Sun).

 

But you should definitely check http://classic.weezer.com/info/equipment/index.html

It's the Holy Grail for guitarists!

And bassest ???

Vini Damazio said:

They used to play not only with Mashall stacks, but with Mesa Boogie's too ( as you can see in the pictured inside the 'Blue' album cover on the left side).


I think their distortion comes from the amps, but Rivers used some Z-Vex pedal to record the Green album (Fuzz Factory on Photograph's solo and a Super Hard On on Island In The Sun).

 

But you should definitely check http://classic.weezer.com/info/equipment/index.html

It's the Holy Grail for guitarists!

Hey, check out this article. Brian tells what he presently uses.

 

http://www.guitaredge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=art...

mhmm. knowledge from brian himself.

placemats said:
There's a list of Brian's gear in that article I posted, including pedals.
I think Rivers uses the boss super distortion pedal

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video