Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here!

I'm in a ska/punk band and we were thinking about doing a Weezer cover. Say It Ain't So was a first choice for us, but we were open to ideas.

Below is the chorus to Say It Ain't So on a saxophone. I'll probably eventually put some more Weezer saxophone covers on there. Again, we'd be open with ideas on what to cover. I'm thinking El Scorcho with the sax for the solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1pVfRLKf8

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you know i <3 you

Dr. B. Lurkom, PhD said:
Thanks, bro.

edgey44 said:
Dr. Barack Lurkom, PhD is intelligent and sexy
Seriously, I was not expecting Kenny G.
Bumping wondering if anyone had any more requests. I'm thinking of doing a Pinkerton or Red Album song next.
I'm curios to hear what Death and Destruction would sound like. The sax might work with the slow sadness of the song.

Eric said:
Bumping wondering if anyone had any more requests. I'm thinking of doing a Pinkerton or Red Album song next.

Hey Eric,

 

I used to play trombone in primary school and was thinking of dusting it off and playing some weezer on it, I googled to see how to play any weezer songs but found nothing, do you know how to convert sax to trombone cos Im pretty musically challenged!

 

Cheers 

Sadly, I have no idea. I just listen to it by ear.

Daniel [ThisDopeNose] said:

Hey Eric,

 

I used to play trombone in primary school and was thinking of dusting it off and playing some weezer on it, I googled to see how to play any weezer songs but found nothing, do you know how to convert sax to trombone cos Im pretty musically challenged!

 

Cheers 

No worries, thanks anyway!

Eric said:
Sadly, I have no idea. I just listen to it by ear.

Daniel [ThisDopeNose] said:

Hey Eric,

 

I used to play trombone in primary school and was thinking of dusting it off and playing some weezer on it, I googled to see how to play any weezer songs but found nothing, do you know how to convert sax to trombone cos Im pretty musically challenged!

 

Cheers 

You have the notes, now make it more musical, add some vibrato or something
Again, this is an old saxophone, and it can't handle vibrato well.

Zak Barbezat said:
You have the notes, now make it more musical, add some vibrato or something

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video