Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here!

I'm in a ska/punk band and we were thinking about doing a Weezer cover. Say It Ain't So was a first choice for us, but we were open to ideas.

Below is the chorus to Say It Ain't So on a saxophone. I'll probably eventually put some more Weezer saxophone covers on there. Again, we'd be open with ideas on what to cover. I'm thinking El Scorcho with the sax for the solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1pVfRLKf8

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5 instruments? What are the other ones?
Saxophone, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica, Keyboard. Learned in that order. The only instrument I'm not too great at is the keyboard, because I'm left handed. The chords throw me off.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
5 instruments? What are the other ones?
Left handed, just like Kurt. I'm right handed, so I play a left-handed guitar in honor of Kurt. I play bass as well; I got one awhile back to see if I could play it, and I have nothing to gauge myself to see if I've gotten any better. I wanna get a keyboard and try it out, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pick up and learn on my own like everything else and be clueless when it comes to terms. It really limits me as a musician.
Yeah, that would add some flavor.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
I think you would sound a lot better if you incorporated vibrato.
I'm like that, too. I play guitar, bass, drums, hand drums (if that counts), keyboard, and sing (if that counts, either). I mostly play guitar, though.

Eric said:
Yeah, two vastly different instruments. I play 5 instruments and they are all unique and different from each other.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Ah, i play guitar. I don't know s*** about the saxophone.

What are hand drums?

Caelan Register said:
I'm like that, too. I play guitar, bass, drums, hand drums (if that counts), keyboard, and sing (if that counts, either). I mostly play guitar, though.

Eric said:
Yeah, two vastly different instruments. I play 5 instruments and they are all unique and different from each other.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

I like it! I love the sound of Saxophones. (:
Those African-style drums you play with your hands, such as bongoes or djembe.

Eric said:
What are hand drums?

Caelan Register said:

Eric said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

edgey44 said:
I'm your daddy was done with kenny g that was decent

Will put the vid on when i am on my computer later
LMAO what did I just watch?!

edgey44 said:

edgey44 said:
I'm your daddy was done with kenny g that was decent

Will put the vid on when i am on my computer later
now thats not nice i put time and effort into finding you that video

im upset now :'-(

Eric said:
LMAO what did I just watch?!