Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here!

I'm in a ska/punk band and we were thinking about doing a Weezer cover. Say It Ain't So was a first choice for us, but we were open to ideas.

Below is the chorus to Say It Ain't So on a saxophone. I'll probably eventually put some more Weezer saxophone covers on there. Again, we'd be open with ideas on what to cover. I'm thinking El Scorcho with the sax for the solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1pVfRLKf8

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wait there are still ska/punk bands?

Yep, all around where I live. They attract huge crowds, I'm playing tomorrow in a crowd of 200.

 


▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:

wait there are still ska/punk bands?


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
That's awesome. The chorus kicks ass. Weren't at Fingertips for the "Not Alone" concert?

Eric Herschler said:


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
I think you would sound a lot better if you incorporated vibrato.
Thanks! I don't understand what you mean by "weren't at Fingertips for the 'Not Alone' concert?" though.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
That's awesome. The chorus kicks ass. Weren't at Fingertips for the "Not Alone" concert?

Eric Herschler said:


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
You look like one of the people thier. Nevermind, I guess it was someone else.

Eric Herschler said:
Thanks! I don't understand what you mean by "weren't at Fingertips for the 'Not Alone' concert?" though.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
That's awesome. The chorus kicks ass. Weren't at Fingertips for the "Not Alone" concert?

Eric Herschler said:


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
Maybe I just have that face lol.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
You look like one of the people thier. Nevermind, I guess it was someone else.

Eric Herschler said:
Thanks! I don't understand what you mean by "weren't at Fingertips for the 'Not Alone' concert?" though.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
That's awesome. The chorus kicks ass. Weren't at Fingertips for the "Not Alone" concert?

Eric Herschler said:


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
I agree with what the other guy said about the vibrato, except I would put it in the "Island in the Sun" solo.

Eric Herschler said:
Maybe I just have that face lol.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
You look like one of the people thier. Nevermind, I guess it was someone else.

Eric Herschler said:
Thanks! I don't understand what you mean by "weren't at Fingertips for the 'Not Alone' concert?" though.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
That's awesome. The chorus kicks ass. Weren't at Fingertips for the "Not Alone" concert?

Eric Herschler said:


I made a few mistakes, but it sounds altogether goodish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
I agree about the vibrato, but this saxophone is so old that it would sound bad. I really need a new saxophone, this one is 8 years old, and it was a beginner one.

Ah, i play guitar. I don't know s*** about the saxophone.

Yeah, two vastly different instruments. I play 5 instruments and they are all unique and different from each other.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Ah, i play guitar. I don't know s*** about the saxophone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video