Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here!

I'm in a ska/punk band and we were thinking about doing a Weezer cover. Say It Ain't So was a first choice for us, but we were open to ideas.

Below is the chorus to Say It Ain't So on a saxophone. I'll probably eventually put some more Weezer saxophone covers on there. Again, we'd be open with ideas on what to cover. I'm thinking El Scorcho with the sax for the solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1pVfRLKf8

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like how saxophones sound. 
You should cover the other way since there is actually a sax solo in that song. 
I playtenor saxophone in my jazz ensemble, and I use bits and peices of Weezer songs in my solos very often! El Scorco is a good choice, and I frequently play Blast Off! and Across The Sea. I'm on my mobile phone right now so I'm not able to watch the video or read most of the post. I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow though, ill get back to you then.
You might be able to do something fun with Surf Wax America.
That is a really good idea.

placemats said:
You might be able to do something fun with Surf Wax America.
I agree. I might tackle the vocals for Surf Wax America on my saxophone next.
I was thinking "Burndt Jamb." Very breezy and could work great with a sax lead. Of course, it's not that well known so it's your call.
I'm your daddy was done with kenny g that was decent

Will put the vid on when i am on my computer later

I'm gonna probably be busy until the end of the week, so here's a brief clip while I work on Sax Wax America. It's the solo to Island in the Sun, and it was a little rushed, so excuse the timing issues.
I think you sound pretty good so far! Do you have any Weezer sheet music, or are you just playing by ear? I have sheet music for Blue, Pink and Green - I refer to them all the time. Keep up the good work!
I do it by ear. I wish I had the sheet music, but I'm too poor for that. Hence the 8 year old beginner saxophone. I REALLY need to get a new saxophone first.

SubwayWolf said:
I think you sound pretty good so far! Do you have any Weezer sheet music, or are you just playing by ear? I have sheet music for Blue, Pink and Green - I refer to them all the time. Keep up the good work!
Bump, Surf Sax America should be done soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video