Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought of this thread when I heard "Since You've Been Gone" this morning. The college freshman in me will always love that song, even though it inevitably makes me think of my first hangover.

I can't believe you'd leave out Across the Sea, Pink Triangle, or Tired of Sex in the top three best. Although, I suppose we've been down this road many times before on this forum. Falling For You is what made me fall in love with Weezer for good. I'd never, ever heard anything like it before.

I like Tragic Girl, but I'm not so fond of the opening lyrics, "When you kiss me, say you love me, makes me feel so good..." I get simplicity, but sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I think that that line's enough to ruin "perfect" for me, but as far as melody and solo go, it's masterful.

Karl, I like a little weird in Weezer, too. El Scorcho was the first song I remember hearing, and I liked it particularly because it was so quirky.

Someone said that her favorites have changed over the years, and I think that she was right. Pinkerton is some sort of "living" work of art, because every time my perspective in life shifts, I seem to hear different things in it. Beautiful, just beautiful.

As good as Buddy Holly is, if one Weezer song from Blue deserves critical recognition it should be Say It Ain't So. At least Weezer made this list, every other list I've seen they've been shut out on.

lol, no they're not. they're great by modern-pop standards, but that's not really saying much.

Mrk Jcksn said:

yeah and those are both f****** great songs. what's yr point?

wait, what standards are you using to judge weezer songs? 

Only in Dreem see wat it meen said:

lol, no they're not. they're great by modern-pop standards, but that's not really saying much.

Mrk Jcksn said:

modern-pop standards for modern weezer. a lot of their post-pinkerton stuff is great by modern-pop standards, but none of it should be anywhere near the "500 greatest songs of all time", except maybe a couple of songs from Red.

Mrk Jcksn said:

wait, what standards are you using to judge weezer songs? 

Only in Dreem see wat it meen said:

Mrk Jcksn said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video