Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

aside from gohi's absurd use of quotation marks to deride rihanna's abilities as an artist, he's right.

and as for "since u been gone," i guarantee you that Rivers dreams of one day writing a pop song that perfect.

    

and no, radioactive, i am not "trolling" you.

I dunno if it's absurd. I don't consider her an artist, hence the quotes. It was pretty obnoxious, I'll give ya that.

All right, I'm bad at the internet and don't know how to embed, but in reference to Bob Dylan, I refer to the immortal genius of Matt Stone and Trey Parker: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8XqA7WyLI 

perfection is overrated. i like a little weird in a song. im glad whenever weezer makes a list like that, but as many have said, the idea of "best" always gets mixed up with "personal preference and taste". for example, id put "falling for you" or "tragic girl" or "greatest man" on that list before id put "buddy holly" on it. but thats just me.

"Greatest Man" better than "Buddy Holly?" Oh Karl, you so crazy!

I agree with you on the Falling For You part. Best Weezer song IMO.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

perfection is overrated. i like a little weird in a song. im glad whenever weezer makes a list like that, but as many have said, the idea of "best" always gets mixed up with "personal preference and taste". for example, id put "falling for you" or "tragic girl" or "greatest man" on that list before id put "buddy holly" on it. but thats just me.

double agreed. favorite guitar solo too.

The problem with any mainstream media is that they focus on the singles. It's not their fault, but it's what gets released and what the majority of people hear/recognize. It's a terrible system that music has been trapped into. If we could publicize full albums, then these lists and countdowns would be more accurate.

Exactly. My favorite Weezer songs are not singles.

G Foo Chombey said:

The problem with any mainstream media is that they focus on the singles. It's not their fault, but it's what gets released and what the majority of people hear/recognize. It's a terrible system that music has been trapped into. If we could publicize full albums, then these lists and countdowns would be more accurate.

Triple agreed.  Although my favorites have changed a lot over the years.  For instance, when the Blue album first came out I didn't like No One Else - at all.  Now, years later, it's one of my all time favorites. 

Gohi said:

double agreed. favorite guitar solo too.

This.  Exactly this.  Down to the specific three he chose.

And "Only in Dreams" of course.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

perfection is overrated. i like a little weird in a song. im glad whenever weezer makes a list like that, but as many have said, the idea of "best" always gets mixed up with "personal preference and taste". for example, id put "falling for you" or "tragic girl" or "greatest man" on that list before id put "buddy holly" on it. but thats just me.


 OID
Radioactive said:

This.  Exactly this.  Down to the specific three he chose.

And "Only in Dreams" of course.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

perfection is overrated. i like a little weird in a song. im glad whenever weezer makes a list like that, but as many have said, the idea of "best" always gets mixed up with "personal preference and taste". for example, id put "falling for you" or "tragic girl" or "greatest man" on that list before id put "buddy holly" on it. but thats just me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video