This is just something that I feel like is an abosolute truth. Both bands are incredibally innovative, and have some of the best, catchiest, most well written songs of all time. I've never heard anyone make the comparison before, but I think it's totally apt. Weezer is the modern day Beatles :)

Tags: Discussion, opinion

Views: 1109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hard to argue with that hahahaha

America said:
I think Weezer is the modern day Weezer

wut no

You must be on drugs. Did Crackerjack sell you some too?

Weezer? Innovative?

Good lord, you're retarded.

The Beatles used more than a fair share of filler on their albums as well.

Max said:
If Weezer is the modern day beatles, We wouldn't talk about how bad half of Weezer's new albums are. Unlike Weezer, the Beatles had more than 2/3 crazy ass albums that you could listen to front to back without any filler tracks.
Not In my opinion. On most of their albums, I can listen to them front to back and almost every song is amazing. Unlike Make Believe or Raditude or Hurley or even Maladroit .

ShreddingBullets said:

Max said:
If Weezer is the modern day beatles, We wouldn't talk about how bad half of Weezer's new albums are. Unlike Weezer, the Beatles had more than 2/3 crazy ass albums that you could listen to front to back without any filler tracks.

The thing about that is, I think all Weezer albums amazing. I could listen to them front to back. Just because you like all of them doesn't mean some weren't "filler" in other people's minds.

I don't think Weezer is the modern day Beatles though. If they were as good as the Beatles were in their time, everyone would like them. When I talk to some people about Weezer they don't even know what Weezer is.

Max said:

Not In my opinion. On most of their albums, I can listen to them front to back and almost every song is amazing. Unlike Make Believe or Raditude or Hurley or even Maladroit .

ShreddingBullets said:

Max said:
It doesn't mean they get the recognition they deserve.  Which they don't, as proven by this topic.
You think they deserve to be called the next beatles? I can't think of any band that deserves that honor.
Exactly. Weezer is my favorite band, no question, but The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. Fillers????? No way! Rubber Soul and on, I don't hear any fillers. Weezer has had a few flops here in there. I am a firm believer it is best to keep any comparisons with The Beatles from being discussed unless it is influence. No one can do what they did... Is what it is...Pet Sounds is the only real comparison I will give and that is one album from a band who  have made countless albums.
funny

Jupiter 80 said:
You must be on drugs. Did Crackerjack sell you some too?
i think we need radioactive to explain his position in further detail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video