I don't know if any of you have ever had the thought that Weezer is a lot like Nintendo. Here are reasons why, Nintendo came out with a bang and followed up with SNES a much loved console. They had many fans than they slowly started to lack quality in their products and lose a big fanbase. Than Nintendo came back up and did better but not everyone was satisfied. As with Weezer the fans will never truly leave what they love the most (Like Nintendo fans never abondon them). This post must be the worst I have posted but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mario Kart 64 on Nintendo 64 was the best. This is quickly spiraling out of the realms of a Weezer conversation....

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

SNES was good, but I think that's more Blue Album.  A system where classics were born.  NES was the originator, so I think that would be Doolittle by the Pixies

N64 was the shunned system.  Playstation came out at the same time and took the limelight.  Everyone bashed N64 for still using cartridges, but it had 4 controller inputs and the best, well thought out games.  Playstation had Metal Gear Sold and Gran turismo, both great games, but N64 had the best games for each of its franchises, Mario 64, StarFox 64, Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask.

The Gamecube is easily green album because of it's party and group gaming feel.

lol this comparison doesn't really make that much sense.  Nintendo has, for the most part, never had a misfire (except the virtual boy).  N64 was not a "shunned system," unless that's just your opinion.  It took second place in the console wars next to Sony, but it had some of the biggest hits of that generation.  It was appreciated for it's time by many.

Hurley certainly didn't sell well enough to compare it to the Wii haha, which has sold like 80 million consoles.

(NOTE: I'm a huge video game nerd and Nintendo fanboy haha) 

Weezer is a lot like Nintendo? If we're talking vintage Nintendo Game and Watch, cute, fun and entertaining then yeah, maybe, a little. Nice try at an analogy though. Interesting concept.

Lol you hit the nail on the head with that one!

Šupak said:

virtual boy?

When did nintendo lack quality in their products?

I don't know, the kitchen tape demo's could be the Japanse NES (Famicon) Blue is NES and Pinkerton is SNES, Green Album=Gamecube, Maladroit+virtual boy.

johnny rockets said:
I can agree to this. So would that make the NES the Kitchen Tape demos? Or are we lumping NES and SNES together?

SNES was good, but I think that's more Blue Album.  A system where classics were born.  NES was the originator, so I think that would be Doolittle by the Pixies

N64 was the shunned system.  Playstation came out at the same time and took the limelight.  Everyone bashed N64 for still using cartridges, but it had 4 controller inputs and the best, well thought out games.  Playstation had Metal Gear Sold and Gran turismo, both great games, but N64 had the best games for each of its franchises, Mario 64, StarFox 64, Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask.

The Gamecube is easily green album because of it's party and group gaming feel.

gtfo

Also, where is the N64 in that equation?

Your comparison sucks.

gtfo

George Salcedo said:

I don't know, the kitchen tape demo's could be the Japanse NES (Famicon) Blue is NES and Pinkerton is SNES, Green Album=Gamecube, Maladroit+virtual boy.
I kinda like thinking about it that way
NES rullzz. SNES rullzz moar. N64 is really good. Gamecube is really good. Wii rullzz but less so than teh SNES or NES.

I do not follow.
P.S. Playstation had Final Fantasy VII. I'm not gonna say alone that makes it better than the N64, but it might. These are the words of a longtime Nintendo loyalist, by the way.
Nintendo may have lacked quality at one time.  Weezer never has.
Blue = gen 1 because it's the big beginning
Pink = gen 2 because of the NA video game crash of 1983
Green = gen 3 because of video game comeback (nes)
Maladroit = not gen 4 because that wouldn't make any sense
MB = gen 5 because of huge popularity of games (Zelda, Mario)
Red = not gen 6 because that wouldn't make any sense
Raditude = gen 7 because of wii (below par of past systems)

Note: this comparison would not make sense if it were strictly to Nintendo, so I worked in other companies and arcade games and stuff
lol

=w=v =w=ookie said:
Nintendo may have lacked quality at one time.  Weezer never has.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video