I am flying out to chicago this weekend to go to both shows.  I went to the friday night show in NY and loved it so much I just had to go out to Chicago.  So, what did others think about the shows on this tour? Has anyone been to the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago? Is it a nice place to see a show? Did people like this sort of small venue tour or would you rather see them at a large venue? Do you think they will do anything different for the last show on this mini-tour?  I have seen a lot of bands live and I think weezer is the best. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want Jamie again!

Stefan said:
TRAGIC GIRL

Pleeeeeeease Rivers

Josh Maxwell said:

There's gotta be a piano floating around the Aragon, I say "Longtime Sunshine". So simple yet so effective.

Chris Guarino said:

I agree and I am wondering if they will do anything different since it is the last 2 shows on the small venue tour.  Could they mix in a different song here or there for the hits sets? Jaime like NY? or maybe something else? Personaly, I may possibly pee my pants from excitement if they played "This is such a pity", "all my friends are insects", "I don't want to let you go" or "tripping down the freeway". Whatever happens will happen, but any way you slice it, it is weezer so it will be great!

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
I have never looked forward to a concert more than this... not even the time I saw Prince twice in one day. This will be my third & fourth Weezer show and my first time seeing 8/10 of Pinkerton and My favorite songs on Blue. I wonder if we'll get any surprises like Jamie in NYC. Even if we don't, I will be more than ecstatic when it comes to these shows.
The aragon is awesome. I live in the city not too far from it. I cannot f*cking wait!! Pumped to meet hintofcoolness and carl and joey too :)

hi,

so, you live close to the aragon? Is there anything near it like bars/food to walk to before the show?  Or is this place not near anything?

Kayla Yost said:

The aragon is awesome. I live in the city not too far from it. I cannot f*cking wait!! Pumped to meet hintofcoolness and carl and joey too :)

So psyched for this show!  Coming from Iowa to see the show.  It's not as far as you Chris but that's awesome that you're flying to Chicago just to see them again!

When you went to the NY show, did you do the vip package?  I wanna know how it was!

I was there at the Aragon last year for the Raditude tour and pretty much what everyone else says, the small venue is great.  Lots of energy and yes the ceiling is trippy lol. 

hey clyde,

i did not do the vip package, so I cant tell you much about it. If you are doing the VIP pack I am sure you will have a great time.

Clyde said:

So psyched for this show!  Coming from Iowa to see the show.  It's not as far as you Chris but that's awesome that you're flying to Chicago just to see them again!

When you went to the NY show, did you do the vip package?  I wanna know how it was!

I was there at the Aragon last year for the Raditude tour and pretty much what everyone else says, the small venue is great.  Lots of energy and yes the ceiling is trippy lol. 

there's not a ton immediately around the aragon, but in my neighborhood there is plenty. i'll be heading back to logan square after the show to party it up :)

Chris Guarino said:

hi,

so, you live close to the aragon? Is there anything near it like bars/food to walk to before the show?  Or is this place not near anything?

Kayla Yost said:

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like at the Aragon? Is the neighborhood safe or scary? Any tips about the area or the venue? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing!!

JStray said:

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like at the Aragon? Is the neighborhood safe or scary? Any tips about the area or the venue? Thanks

The neighborhood looks pretty scary...but then again, I'm just a bumpkin from a small Iowa town :P

There is parking next the Aragon where you have to pay, but I believe it's pretty resonable and my car was still there after the concert ;)

A bunch of people should plan to go a certain bar after the shows this weekend. Would't it be fun to have a big weezer crew take over a bar in chicago after the show and drink together?

Clyde said:

The neighborhood looks pretty scary...but then again, I'm just a bumpkin from a small Iowa town :P

There is parking next the Aragon where you have to pay, but I believe it's pretty resonable and my car was still there after the concert ;)

We will be there bright and early trying to be one of the first in line....any ideas what time people will start lining up?  this will be my 15th show and can not wait!!!  see you all there friday and saturday morning!!!
When I was in NY for the friday show there was only like 5 people in line at 530pm. I highly doubt people are going to be in line in the morning. This is a small venue show...only a few thousand capacity i think

Weezing since Blue said:
We will be there bright and early trying to be one of the first in line....any ideas what time people will start lining up?  this will be my 15th show and can not wait!!!  see you all there friday and saturday morning!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video