At least if you think about the way we talk about a new album when it comes out. And especially critics! 
We have bad mouthed every album since Pinkerton, others more bad than others. But do you remember
how Pinkerton was received. Critic critic critic! A few days ago I saw a thread,
here, where asked to compare Red to Hurley. Many Said that red was better. Two years I think everybody
Thought that red was pretty bad, me included. But I think It's pretty great now. The new weezer records just takes time to "get". And that's great! 
I wrote this on my iPhone, so It's probably a mess, But i hope you get it :D

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

* critique critique critique 
Maybe, but see, you're closed.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
no, see, pinkerton was good. the rest are bad. it's quite simple.
I have never heard even a bad Weezer song that was written by Rivers. People who say the red album or EVEN Raditude is bad just don't have as broad appreciation of music as they think they do.
I hear what you're trying to say...but no
wut he said

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
this might be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said here.

weezer is a power pop band.
there is no subtlety here that can only be realized by those who can appreciate all forms of music.

In a band more catchier than W said:
I have never heard even a bad Weezer song that was written by Rivers. People who say the red album or EVEN Raditude is bad just don't have as broad appreciation of music as they think they do.
What I was trying to say, was not that every album after Pinkerton are just as great as Pinkerton.
I Can hear that they aren't but i don't think they're bad. I just mentioned that they get treated like Pinkerton did when it came out.
We're expecting too much everytime. Or too little?

crystal_iceburg said:
wut he said

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

there is no subtlety here that can only be realized by those who can appreciate all forms of music.

that's true, if you lower your expectations you'll never be dissapointed

Jesper Andersen said:
What I was trying to say, was not that every album after Pinkerton are just as great as Pinkerton.
I Can hear that they aren't but i don't think they're bad. I just mentioned that they get treated like Pinkerton did when it came out.
We're expecting too much everytime. Or too little?

crystal_iceburg said:
wut he said

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

Red still sucks.
well, there is only one Pinkerton, and that is um, the album Pinkerton.

Now, I do understand what you're saying and I will agree that people judge the new albums too harshly when they first come out, but I think this is something every popular band goes through. as albums age we see them more for what they are, which could mean they are more appreciated or less appreciated.

i think most weezer fans will appreciate most of the albums more as they age, in they see songs that are really stand outs, like the great man that ever lived, while others will fall far below, see Raditude.

I've been a long time weezer fan and I've seen the new albums as having, 3 to 4 strong songs, a handful of medium songs and 2 to 3 really really bad songs that make dogs leave the room crying.

albums like Pinkerton and the Blue Album are rare gems. Weezer may never produced something like that again. that's how it goes.
You're an idiot.
You people all just f****** blow a load in your pants for Pinkerton don't you? The truth is the whole style of music on that album is outdated. It was an amazing album then but the newer albums are amazing now. Just because you are all lonely and can relate to it better doesn't make it better than any of Weezer's new stuff. If I wrote even a song like "I'm your daddy" I would feel accomplished.
how old are you, 12?

You people all just f****** blow a load in your pants for Pinkerton don't you? The truth is the whole style of music on that album is outdated. It was an amazing album then but the newer albums are amazing now. Just because you are all lonely and can relate to it better doesn't make it better than any of Weezer's new stuff. If I wrote even a song like "I'm your daddy" I would feel accomplished.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video