At least if you think about the way we talk about a new album when it comes out. And especially critics! 
We have bad mouthed every album since Pinkerton, others more bad than others. But do you remember
how Pinkerton was received. Critic critic critic! A few days ago I saw a thread,
here, where asked to compare Red to Hurley. Many Said that red was better. Two years I think everybody
Thought that red was pretty bad, me included. But I think It's pretty great now. The new weezer records just takes time to "get". And that's great! 
I wrote this on my iPhone, so It's probably a mess, But i hope you get it :D

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kayla Yost said:
how old are you, 12?

I don't understand what my age has to do with anything? Were there grammar errors or something? What are you getting at buddy?

In a band more catchier than W said:
You people all just f****** blow a load in your pants for Pinkerton don't you? The truth is the whole style of music on that album is outdated. It was an amazing album then but the newer albums are amazing now. Just because you are all lonely and can relate to it better doesn't make it better than any of Weezer's new stuff. If I wrote even a song like "I'm your daddy" I would feel accomplished.
well, this has turned into yet another stellar thread.
What style of music on Pinkerton is outdated? Cuz that's the style that I want to hear.
Perhaps someone with a broad appreciation of music can enlighten me.
And Rivers, if you're reading this, go back to that old, outdated style of music you used to play!

You people all just f****** blow a load in your pants for Pinkerton don't you? The truth is the whole style of music on that album is outdated. It was an amazing album then but the newer albums are amazing now. Just because you are all lonely and can relate to it better doesn't make it better than any of Weezer's new stuff. If I wrote even a song like "I'm your daddy" I would feel accomplished.
Mission accomplished.

Dungeon Master said:
Look I can appreciate weezer's newer albums but there is a stark difference in quality.

I mean look at Pinkerton's tracklist. There's no OVERLY cheesy songs that would ever embarrass a listener to show a friend.

Now look at something like Raditude, You got a song from an older person singing " You are my baby tonight, and I'm your daddy"....what could of been a touching song about his daughter turned into a song about picking up a chick.

Or another example the girl got hot, I mean cool idea i guess when it comes to his school reunion but you don't find stuff like that on pinkerton.. The girls songs ON pinkerton sound infinitely maturer.

" cause I'm a lot like you so please hello, I'm here I'm waiting, I think i'd be good for you and you would be good for me" Or including things like listening to cho cho san.... Settling down..etc.

Than you have lyrics that talk about a girl getting hot and the other girls not..

I mean and it's not just a couple overly cheesy immature sounding songs.

The thing is, I can appreciate rivers pop moments i really can but I don't know anybody that loves stuff like that. Especially from a band that put out very mature 'Immature' records, and transitioned to, immature 'immature' records. If that makes sense.

Rivers will always do what he wants and I respect that but there's no denying why fans dig blue and pink more, no it's not nostalgia. It's the meaningful,personal, non universal lyrics, it's the intricate harder edged music, the analog recordings ( not this over done digitized bs).....and I know people prolly dont put that as a reason but its a big difference, it's the harmonies, it's the dynamic changes, it's the unpredictability.

Red at times got close to the above, angel and the one, pig, sweeney...etc.

There's no denying why blue and pink are the best. Weezer still put out good albums, i friggen love hurley for the most part, but I mean where's the touching poetic song like butterfly, where's the true pining of tired of sex, where's the longing of across the sea, where's the beautiul music of say it ain't so, and where's the epic dynamics of only in dreams.......

I will always love weezer and always purchase there albums. Sure pinkertons music style is out of date but the fact is, if weezer put out an album as deep and good as that in time people WILL start noticing it and it will become a classic moreso than an album like raditude.
why did you direct that at me? I gave you a very sold, constructive reply.

you'd think I called you an idiot.

well, if that's the way you want, so be it...

Jesper Andersen said:
Mission accomplished.

Dungeon Master said:
To say there is a difference in quality and that someone with a "broad appreciation could understand this quite easily" is more a matter of opinion than fact. It is true that there style has changed a lot throughout the years but that just happens to be a style you (and many others on these boards) dont like.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
no, sorry, you're just wrong.
there is a distinct difference in quality between weezer then and now. anyone with a "broad appreciation of music" would understand this quite easily.

Indiekid said:
To say there is a difference in quality and that someone with a "broad appreciation could understand this quite easily" is more a matter of opinion than fact. It is true that there their style has changed a lot throughout the years but that just happens to be a style you (and many others on these boards) dont like.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
there is a distinct difference in quality between weezer then and now. anyone with a "broad appreciation of music" would understand this quite easily.

wurd

Indiekid said:
To say there is a difference in quality and that someone with a "broad appreciation could understand this quite easily" is more a matter of opinion than fact. It is true that there style has changed a lot throughout the years but that just happens to be a style you (and many others on these boards) dont like.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

Ok fair enough, i had a different idea of what you meant by "quality".

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
i like power-pop, i just don't like it when it's so generic and poorly made.
anyway, i'm not talking about style, i'm talking about quality, as in the quality of the musicianship on display. the new songs are simple and lazy, which was definitely not the case for weezer's early work. since backtoschool has said this all many times before, and is by far one of the smarter people here, i'll just link you to one of his well-made points.

http://weezer.com/forum/topics/thoughts-on-where-weezer-is?id=62825...

Indiekid said:

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

No I didn't think you called me an idiot!
What makes you Think that?

Dungeon Master said:
why did you direct that at me? I gave you a very sold, constructive reply. you'd think I called you an idiot.

well, if that's the way you want, so be it...

Jesper Andersen said:
Mission accomplished.

Dungeon Master said:
Didn't read the post but that's the stupidest thread title I've ever read.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video