Weezer Gig Date Mysteriously Disapears from Pollstar Schedule

I subscribe to tour schedule updates on a site called Pollstar.com.  If you haven't checked it out, it is the website of record for all touring acts, worldwide. 

The notification system they offer sends me an email whenever my selected artists tour schedule is updated within my specified radius from my home of 200 miles.  A few weeks ago, I got one for Weezer playing in Greenwich, CT on July 23rd at Conyers Farm Polo Field. Since they have a few wacky venues on their tour schedule this year, I thought it was legit.

A day or two later, the listing was pulled from Pollstar.  I contacted the management at the Polo field and they said my information was incorrect.

Greenwich is a crazy place in the fact that, I've seen concerts listed in Pollstar for Greenwich for big named acts like James Taylor, Dione Warwick, John Mayer etc, and there is no publicity about them anywhere.  They are usually benefit concerts in some wealthy person's backyard.  But Pollstar lists them all the same.

I'm wondering if this is one of those over-the-top Sweet 16 parties where the parents went out of their way to book Weezer for a private party for several hundred of the kid's closest friends.

Or it was a typo. 

Anyone know anything about this phantom gig?

Tags: bar, bat, connecticut, conyer's, conyers, farm, greenwich, mitzvah, polo

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Non issue. Go see them in May in Danbury. Problem solved.
Not so much an issue as a mystery.  I will be at the polo grounds the day before to see if there are signs of a concert popping up on the field.
good idea, bro. keep us updated on this wacky mystery.
Jinkies

Oh yeah, Weezer's definitely playing a show for a sweet 16.

to be fair, i think we've reached a point where it wouldn't come as a surprise if they did.

Jordan said:

If the money's good, why wouldn't they?

Ok, I just got this alert from Pollstar yesterday, Thursday, 4/14 at 7:01 EDT.  Check it out as soon as possible, otherwise it might disappear again.

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=1886&SortBy=Date&...

The Weezer "State Farm, Hurley, Snuggie" Birthday Bash! .... Brought to you by delicious Carvel Birthday Cakes.

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:
to be fair, i think we've reached a point where it wouldn't come as a surprise if they did.

Jordan said:

Q: What do Conyer's Farm Polo Field and the Buddy Holly video have in common?

A: Ron Howard

Ron Howard lives in a subdivision of multi-million dollar homes called Conyer's Farm.  It is adjacent to the Conyer's Farm Polo Field.  Could Ron Howard have talked Weezer into a charity gig of some sort?

So, turns out, it was a private gig at the polo grounds.  I don't even know who it was for or what the occasion was.  

I drove in early in the day by just telling the guard I was there for the Weezer show.  He took me for a worker and waved me through.  

As I drove in I saw that is was a white table cloth affair and guessed I probably wasn't on the guest list.   Here is a photo of the setup this morning.  It looked pretty posh.  Air conditioned tents, stemware, floral arrangements, outdoor living room furniture.  I'm thinking I wasn't too far off with some rich person's kid's birthday party.  I wonder if I'll ever know?

so you got into the venue but you didn't actually attempt to stay for the party?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video