First off this show was amazing. But i seemed to notice the crowd wasn't feeling it so much for the flaming lips. I mean sure they did have a fanbase there but not as large as weezers and i saw people actually sitting down when they came on a few times. In fact, I heard the guy infront of me say "bring the better band on!" in which he was referring to weezer. 

Secondly, the rain. RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN. They made us wait outside after yeasayer went on because of the thunder and as soon as they let us back in it started pouring again. Everyone was soaked but as Wayne said "F*** THE RAIN!" Luckily it did stop fairly soon the bands started and we did dry off a little bit. 

Weezer and The Flaming Lips are my two favorite bands. The show was awesome. The lips are probably an acquired taste but they're still fun to watch. I love Wayne and Rivers both, are they different styles yes...is one better than the other well thats an opinion. I personally think they are both amazing bands and the show at jones beach was awesome and i wish i could relive it again.

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lucky...u guys had a covering from the stage so u didnt get wet entirely. I just missed that covering. I got to pat rivers on the back when he came back 2 the stage after singing If Your Wondering. I ran out of my seat to the asile in my section and he was right there n I patted him on the back!! GREAT NITE
Yes that was me :)

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
This is creepy of me, but were you in one of the first few rows on Pat's side? Red cartoon shirt? I recognized a few people just from seeing their pics on here haha.

Zachary Zafris said:

I thought last night was an amazing show. The Rain was a little much but at the same time made it kinda fun. I never saw the flaming lips before but they are very talented and I really enjoyed their performance and crazy antics with the wizard of oz people and that crazy bear haha. Weezer did a great job as always. I think they played surf wax america and the greatest man that ever lived the best that night. I also want to say that Scott did a fantastic job last night, he played exceptionally well and was really into it. Plus seeing him sing dope nose was awesome! Thanks for an awesome show =w=

Oh and pat really shreds the guitar! 

I also was there.  I also got drenched.  It was the first time I ever saw both bands.  I can say that Weezer will be on my short list of bands I'll see whenever they tour & hit the NY area.  They were utterly amazing!  Best part was that the first two songs they played are two of my top-5 Weezer songs:  Hash Pipe & El Scorcho.  The band was awesome, and it was a night I'll never forget!

My socks, they were rocked off.  And it's even harder to rock off soaking wet socks than normal dry ones.  What could have been a bummer trip stayed awesome, amazing and special.  

Rivers conveyed a great sense of fun, energy, and connection - the entire band was kicking much ass, but I do have to call out Scott's vocals on Dope Nose as awesome and Pat's complete shredfest, particularly during Paranoid Android. AMAZING performances by everyone, seriously.

I think even if you weren't a huge Lips fan, if you remained open to the experience and enjoyed the performance and the atmosphere, you would not walk away disappointed.  It was a sight to behold.

I have to say again what amazing talent comes from the members of Weezer.  Many performers are so studio- and production effects-dependent that they don't sound good live.  Some don't even sound like their recordings much at all.  Weezer is the real deal. They sound amazing live and do not disappoint in any way. If you are here and thinking about going to an upcoming show, just do it. You'll LOVE it.  I am still on cloud nine and can't wait to go to another show.

I know I am still star struck that I touched Rivers and I was upclose the entire time!! I think I also saw u in the bathroom. LOL I remember thinking "I like her shirt" (The thunderbolt is GReat)

Lisa said:

My socks, they were rocked off.  And it's even harder to rock off soaking wet socks than normal dry ones.  What could have been a bummer trip stayed awesome, amazing and special.  

Rivers conveyed a great sense of fun, energy, and connection - the entire band was kicking much ass, but I do have to call out Scott's vocals on Dope Nose as awesome and Pat's complete shredfest, particularly during Paranoid Android. AMAZING performances by everyone, seriously.

I think even if you weren't a huge Lips fan, if you remained open to the experience and enjoyed the performance and the atmosphere, you would not walk away disappointed.  It was a sight to behold.

I have to say again what amazing talent comes from the members of Weezer.  Many performers are so studio- and production effects-dependent that they don't sound good live.  Some don't even sound like their recordings much at all.  Weezer is the real deal. They sound amazing live and do not disappoint in any way. If you are here and thinking about going to an upcoming show, just do it. You'll LOVE it.  I am still on cloud nine and can't wait to go to another show.

Oh, how funny!  Thank you!  :D

We need a special badge or nametag or tshirt for boardies so we can identify each other in a crowd - I saw Ali, too, but I was only 90% sure that it was her and I felt too weird to ask.  Missed connection! haha

Gotta have a tweetup or sign or something next time.  People at Jones Beach need a special badge for surviving that monsoon! :)

Glad the show was great for you, too!!

Jenny Smith said:

I know I am still star struck that I touched Rivers and I was upclose the entire time!! I think I also saw u in the bathroom. LOL I remember thinking "I like her shirt" (The thunderbolt is GReat)

Lisa said:

My socks, they were rocked off.  And it's even harder to rock off soaking wet socks than normal dry ones.  <snip>

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video