First off this show was amazing. But i seemed to notice the crowd wasn't feeling it so much for the flaming lips. I mean sure they did have a fanbase there but not as large as weezers and i saw people actually sitting down when they came on a few times. In fact, I heard the guy infront of me say "bring the better band on!" in which he was referring to weezer. 

Secondly, the rain. RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN. They made us wait outside after yeasayer went on because of the thunder and as soon as they let us back in it started pouring again. Everyone was soaked but as Wayne said "F*** THE RAIN!" Luckily it did stop fairly soon the bands started and we did dry off a little bit. 

Weezer and The Flaming Lips are my two favorite bands. The show was awesome. The lips are probably an acquired taste but they're still fun to watch. I love Wayne and Rivers both, are they different styles yes...is one better than the other well thats an opinion. I personally think they are both amazing bands and the show at jones beach was awesome and i wish i could relive it again.

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Weezer changed up the setlist a bit from PNCBank, playing Surf Wax America, Troublemaker, and a cover that I didn't recognize (and I think there were some others that weren't played at PNC bank)
that cover was "paranoid android" by radiohead
No not that cover, there was another one.  They played Paranoid Android both nights.  Unless the other one wasn't a cover.
Yeah the crowd was like that for Flaming Lips at PNC as well. I was in the 11th row and pretty much everyone around me sat down during the lips and people were even chanting for Weezer and throwing up the =W= sign during The Flaming Lips set. I must admit though, those long as instrumental songs from the Lips were really boring, especially when being played right after a kick ass Weezer song.. IMO.
What was the setlist?
my name is jonas
buddy holly
say it aint so
sweater song
surf wax america
el scorcho
island in the sun
hash pipe
dope nose
beverly hills
perfect situation
parinoid android
pork and beans
trouuble maker
greatest man
i want you to
a flaming lips song that they sang together that I didn't know
The show last night was amazing. I didn't get the whole wizard of oz theme, but the show was still incredible. I'm not of a flaming lips fan,but they put on a great show. Rivers on the shoulders of the bear was hilarious. They played all my fave songs. I'll be posting vids and photos if n e one wants to see it.

I thought last night was an amazing show. The Rain was a little much but at the same time made it kinda fun. I never saw the flaming lips before but they are very talented and I really enjoyed their performance and crazy antics with the wizard of oz people and that crazy bear haha. Weezer did a great job as always. I think they played surf wax america and the greatest man that ever lived the best that night. I also want to say that Scott did a fantastic job last night, he played exceptionally well and was really into it. Plus seeing him sing dope nose was awesome! Thanks for an awesome show =w=

Oh and pat really shreds the guitar! 

This is creepy of me, but were you in one of the first few rows on Pat's side? Red cartoon shirt? I recognized a few people just from seeing their pics on here haha.

Zachary Zafris said:

I thought last night was an amazing show. The Rain was a little much but at the same time made it kinda fun. I never saw the flaming lips before but they are very talented and I really enjoyed their performance and crazy antics with the wizard of oz people and that crazy bear haha. Weezer did a great job as always. I think they played surf wax america and the greatest man that ever lived the best that night. I also want to say that Scott did a fantastic job last night, he played exceptionally well and was really into it. Plus seeing him sing dope nose was awesome! Thanks for an awesome show =w=

agreed :-)

Zachary Zafris said:

Anyone in Ochestra C last night?????
i had pit tix bumped fists with rivers :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.