Weezer fans complete and re-record "Songs from the Black H***" [audio inside]

Enjoy!

Share on facebook, twitter etc. if you like it.

http://operationspaceopera.bandcamp.com/

Views: 3248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You've got it all wrong Indielocks.  Zayn is the internet weezer forum king.

Am I right, nrezeewg?

Indierocks said:

Zayn Malik's Enticing Jihad: =w=.com's grammar/spell check

Yes, right

It doesn't sound empty to you at all? With choppy chord transitions?

Donny said:

lol. Yeah, right 

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

The lead male vocals (Jonas) and the terrible guitar distortion just take away any emotion from this thing.  It sounds bleh.

No, not at all. And I don't hear any choppy chord transitions. It all sounds spot on to me.

I also don't believe that someone who has nailed every single one of the guitar solos, bass lines, synth leads etc. would play choppy chord transitions unless he wanted to re-create the sloppiness of the Pinkerton era recordings, which, again, sounds spot on to my ears.

I mean, opinions are opinions, but how guitar distortion can take away emotions might be music's last big mystery. Maybe you're on to something here. Maybe that's why Weezer's music isn't what it used to be. They're using the wrong guitar pedals!

Ah, whatever. Each to their own.

When I think Pinkerton and SFTBH, I think Fuzz.  I haven't made it through the whole thing yet (doubt I will), but it sounds shallow and empty.  Maybe the guitars just need to be turned up?

but yes, to each their own.  Glad you are in love with the project that you are apart of

Donny said:

No, not at all. And I don't hear any choppy chord transitions. It all sounds spot on to me.

I also don't believe that someone who has nailed every single one of the guitar solos, bass lines, synth leads etc. would play choppy chord transitions unless he wanted to re-create the sloppiness of the Pinkerton era recordings, which, again, sounds spot on to my ears.

I mean, opinions are opinions, but how guitar distortion can take away emotions might be music's last big mystery. Maybe you're on to something here. Maybe that's why Weezer's music isn't what it used to be. They're using the wrong guitar pedals!

Thanks. How life would suck if that wasn't the case, huh.

Glad you are in love with the project that you are apart of

Oh you mean This Is A Recording? lolol

placemats said:

You've got it all wrong Indielocks.  Zayn is the internet weezer forum king.

Am I right, nrezeewg?

Indierocks said:

Zayn Malik's Enticing Jihad: =w=.com's grammar/spell check

LOL

Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. If anything I was making fun of my self for not being able to spell veri wel. Can we just be friends here at =w=.com. Great recording by the way especially the female vocalists.

I think the guitar tone suits the music very well. it may not sound exactly like typical weezer distortion but I dunno if that matters. I suppose that's a matter of taste. To imply that the playing itself is poor is something I can't really understand, though. Oh well.

Maybe try downloading the full thing and listening, like, on good quality headphones or something.
Because what I hear is fully textured and amazing.
You're not hearing what everyone else is hearing, and it makes me think something's wrong on your end.

When I think Pinkerton and SFTBH, I think Fuzz.  I haven't made it through the whole thing yet (doubt I will), but it sounds shallow and empty.  Maybe the guitars just need to be turned up?

but yes, to each their own.  Glad you are in love with the project that you are apart of

Donny said:

I cant get enough of this album, it's just so perfect. Is anyone going to put the tracks up on youtube? 

Really nice job on this project! I like how you pieced it together and made it that seemless flow of songs we've been looking for. Even though it's not the original Weezer version, I still appreciate it very much. What I really like is how you twisted Waiting on You and making it one of Maria's songs. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video