If you're finding this site now that the cruise is over and would like to connect with cruisers you met and/or those you know from facebook, feel free to post here and say hello!  What was your favorite memory (can you pick just one?!)? What was the performance that surprised you the most? What was your favorite non-show activity?  Other cruise discussion welcome here too!

 

I had a blast and really enjoyed hanging out with so many other weezer fans! The shows were amazing and weezer sounds so good.  I was most surprised by how much I enjoyed the Scott & Rivers show and how hard it was not to get up and dance during that set - sit-down concerts are not as much fun, but they rocked it!  The Relationship show was really good, too!

 

I was happily surprised that I didn't feel seasick, and I was sadly surprised that it went by so quickly. What a fun time! Thanks, weezer!! You throw a heck of a birthday cruise! =w=

Tags: cruise

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! I have been on here for some time, lurking in the shadows and only posting on the odd occasion. I saw your post in the Shipmates group on FB and thought I would give things another look whilst I am here!

There were so many great moments! Aside from the musical, I have to say meeting new people (including you, Lisa!), meeting people I hadn't seen in a few months, and meeting those I hadn't seen since the last cruise was just the best thing, IMO!


Most surprising performance for me was twofold - hearing "Miss Sweeney" and "King" live was just out of this world. The new song was fantastic too, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

All in all, was an amazing time. I don't think anyone could have much bad to say about it!

Hi Taz! It was so nice to meet you and see friends that I've known and friends that I had just met. I particularly liked it the first day, when some clever person brought nametag stickers and it helped with introductions.  I can't count the conversations that began with, "Are you ______? I know you from the internet!"

I'm also completely stoked about the new album and LOVED hearing "Miss Sweeney" and "King." YGYLTMS is always welcome, too.  Seeing fans included in the festivities was really fun. The folks who got to introduce the band, the ones who sat on the stage, and the ones who sang "In The Garage" really made the shows fun.

For Rivers' Alone set, I really enjoyed seeing the ladies sing "Superfriend" with Rivers, and they sounded SO GOOD! And it was fun to see four Wuans and four Dondos sing "Blast Off!" with Rivers too.  I liked the audience participation on "Lover In The Snow" too.

Tabraz Rashid said:

Hello! I have been on here for some time, lurking in the shadows and only posting on the odd occasion. I saw your post in the Shipmates group on FB and thought I would give things another look whilst I am here!

There were so many great moments! Aside from the musical, I have to say meeting new people (including you, Lisa!), meeting people I hadn't seen in a few months, and meeting those I hadn't seen since the last cruise was just the best thing, IMO!


Most surprising performance for me was twofold - hearing "Miss Sweeney" and "King" live was just out of this world. The new song was fantastic too, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

All in all, was an amazing time. I don't think anyone could have much bad to say about it!

Best moment for me was friends of P at the end of that Ozma show..The energy on that stage everyone just rocking out and singing along with them while toasting jaagerbombs with an old pal (that I met for the first time that day) and then noticing cyclops standing on the couch behind me rocking out.

Surprising performance- King when Scott sang to Kim ( my roomie) as well as an amazing performance of Only in Dreams (I think I stopped breathing at some point it was so mesmerizing)

Non show activity- hootenanny...does that count ? :p

I will try to
Come on here more but pretty busy with school/work though I am in total
Procrastination mode atm. Plus Lisa you tend to lure me with your weezer magic and Taz lures me with candy XD

This was probably my favorite vacation I ever took. What an amazing time.

My favorite non-weezer show was Ash's first set on the boat. They played Uncle Pat which is my favorite song of theirs. I may have left the Earth's stratosphere for a moment as they went into the big solo of that song. The Relationship was great and me and Natkat were grooving in our seats like there was no tomorrow.

I had some issues with this year's cruise. Most of them being related to me not being on it. 

Did you catch the Relationship's second performance? Way better when you don't have to sit ;)

Gohi said:

This was probably my favorite vacation I ever took. What an amazing time.

My favorite non-weezer show was Ash's first set on the boat. They played Uncle Pat which is my favorite song of theirs. I may have left the Earth's stratosphere for a moment as they went into the big solo of that song. The Relationship was great and me and Natkat were grooving in our seats like there was no tomorrow.

Naw I was practicing fo my show. You shoulda been there, it was fun.
LLOOOLL! Was incognito ;)
Practicing payed off... Great show :)

Sotogarcia was just too darn alluring for Nat

Gohi said:

Naw I was practicing fo my show. You shoulda been there, it was fun.

i met loads of cool people and it would be great to see them again next time i'm state side to see weezer.... or aus side, or Brazil side or NZ side.

even at home at ole Blighty!!

^^^coolest person I met on the ship :)
Well I wasn't going to bring this up... I don't want any tears now ;)

Tabraz Rashid said:

Sotogarcia was just too darn alluring for Nat

Gohi said:

Naw I was practicing fo my show. You shoulda been there, it was fun.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video