Uh.. what?

http://www.theweezercruise.com/

Views: 7589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jen- out of interest, when does the first presale allocation start?  And how many people were assigned to each presale time? I'm just trying to gauge how many peeps might be in front of me so I can work out my odds of getting the cabin I want and maybe have a back-up plan in place.

Have you ever priced a 4 day cruise? This is not expensive.

Especially considering the caliber of entertainment onboard. In the past I 've paid upwards of $500 for a 3 day music festival. This is a music festival AND a cruise vacation combined. Praise God that you dont have to watch broadway flunkies performing Liberace inspired jazz hand routines. I've suffered that before.

And who can afford it? Responsible people that work and manage their finances wisely. Like me.

Mary Alice Weis said:

A cruise for $799-$1500+ to see Weezer live? I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous. I don’t even know where to start. So many thoughts and emotions come to mind. I mean really? I just don’t get who exactly can afford to go on such a cruise. Oh! wait, I do: super rich people and whiney little brat kids with super rich parents. I just feel unwanted as a Weezer fan. I never knew through all these 17 years of being a fan that Weezer was for the elite rich people. Just who’s idea was this and what is the point of it? I don’t get it. Explain? I just feel snubbed. It’s really a slap in the face. I’m sorry but there is no way I could ever afford $1500+ it costs to go on this cruise. Is Weezer that out of touch with the common person that they think that price isn’t a slap in the face to most adult long time fans? It just saddens me. I’m sorry for being down and negative, but I can‘t help it. I’m not rich and this is like saying, “here‘s a really cool way to see your favorite band but…Only for the rich fans, poor people can stuff it.” How heartless. The least they could do is have a contest to win tickets for at least a few fans. Please Weezer could you have two mailing lists one for rich fans and the other for normal people? Cause I really wish I hadn’t even known about it. It makes me have less respect for Weezer. I’m sorry but I can’t help but feel that the whole thing is just insulting. Oh, well, in the end my opinion doesn’t matter much. After all money talks. (Unless you’re a Taylor Swift fan she says she is constantly thinking of ways to repay her fans, or friends as she calls themJ regardless of their income lol….like the Allure of the Seas CONTEST to see her live on the World‘s Largest Cruise Ship)

Mary Alice is kinda acting like she would be getting charged $1500 to see Weezer live. No, if you want to see Weezer live, pay $50 and see them at your nearest concert venue. But if you want a little (a lot!) more than that, go on this cruise. Anyone who's been on a cruise knows, it's an extremely easy way to travel. You don't have to pack and unpack every day, literally everything you need is on the ship, etc. As I see it, cruises are fun ANYWAY. You add in Weezer to the mix and it's like, hello, no-brainer if you can afford it. But it's not like Weezer are The Eagles where you gotta pay hundreds of dollars to see a live show. Like I said in my second sentence, see them at your local concert venue. Come on. With a cruise you're paying for accommodations, amenities, food, and entertainment for 4 days. You're getting WAY more than just a show.

For me personally, what put it over the top for me is being able to meet the band. I've only ever met Pat, so I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting the 3 other guys! I've been to fan conventions for another of my favorite bands, Cheap Trick, before, and they're very cool experiences that I wouldn't give back for anything. So I do not intend to miss this.

LOL Ooops, perhaps I should have read the whole thread before I commented, cuz I pretty much echoed what you said, Ken.

Ken Fischer said:

I feel the need to comment on this...we are not talking about an $800 Weezer concert here as your post seems to imply.  It's a 4-night cruise, with an up-charge vs. other cruises to pay for high-quality entertainment (not just Weezer, but the awesome Dinosaur Jr, Wavves, Antlers, Yuck and others).  It is expensive for sure...but it's a vacation, and is something that you'd do in place of another vacation that might have a similar cost...it's not something that you compare to a $50-$100 concert ticket.  Weezer and the other bands on-board are active touring bands that you're likely to get a chance to see, if seeing them play is your only interest.

Mary Alice Weis said:

A cruise for $799-$1500+ to see Weezer live? I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous. 

Hey Becc!

The first time slot is 10:30am ET tomorrow. As far as the group sizes, I'm not sure actually. Our IT gurus (we call 'em "wizards" here) actually take the total number of signups and split them up over a few days to make manageable groups for our staff to handle. That way if people have questions or need anything at their booking time, we'll be able to help out and give everyone the attention they need without being swamped with phone calls and having people not have great service with our company.  Especially if people need to book over the phone. Each cruise we do is different and there's not a set number that has to be in each group. So they're "small" groups - but unfortunately I don't have an exact number, as each group may vary depending on the time of day, and our trends for being busy at different times.

I know that's probably not what you're looking for, but that's the answer I have!  :-)

Becc said:

Jen- out of interest, when does the first presale allocation start?  And how many people were assigned to each presale time? I'm just trying to gauge how many peeps might be in front of me so I can work out my odds of getting the cabin I want and maybe have a back-up plan in place.
Mine is 12:30 on the 25th :(  Oh well, I doubt it'll sell out.
Me too!! ...  Race you for the Presidential Suite :)

Ashlee Furnace said:
OMG My booking time is 10:30 AM. That means I got the earliest time slot! Score!
I'm in!  Hope to see some of you on the ship!
Congrats! It feels good doesn't it? I'd been talking to my friend about going to this, trying to convince her, and she just confirmed that she can go! Yay!

Jonathan Cabildo said:
I'm in!  Hope to see some of you on the ship!
Woohoo, I'm all booked!!!!!! Coming all the way from London, England. Am I the first Brit to book?
Got my spot with an opening for one... Good luck everybody and I'll see you on board!

Booyah!  Booked.  Loving that this is even happening!

And London beats out Anchorage by 400 miles, so good work, Steve.  ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video