Uh.. what?

http://www.theweezercruise.com/

Views: 7595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is there any way to set up some kind of fundraiser to help pay for tickets?  lol?  it would really be helpful

Hey Jen,

I wanted to see if the chefs on the ship will accommodate dietary restrictions and if so, does this need to be requested prior to the trip? 

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Here are some answers for you:

Questions about international travel:

In order to make sure we get you complete and accurate information, we're reaching out to our Carnival contact on this one too - I'll post once we receive word from them. The visa situation may depend on the individual, but as I said, we'll post more info when we get it. The best thing to do (always) is to contact your local identity/passport office to ask about specific rules and regulations about traveling from your particular country. 

Booing a single cabin, but adding guests later:

Yes you can do this. If you'd like to book a single occupancy cabin and receive the $199 discount when it's your turn to book, you can. You'll need to either call us (877-379-9171) to make your reservation so we can apply it to your account, or make your reservation online, and then call us so we can remove the discount for you soon after you make the reservation, as it's not something you can apply on your own. If you choose to add someone else to your cabin at a later time, you can, but the $199 discount will then be reversed and added back to the reservation and the taxes and fees for the second guest will also be added at the time they are placed in the cabin. You can add people to your reservation through October 21, which is the final payment deadline. You can add a guest after this point, however there will be fees associated with doing so.

Keep in mind that when you are in a single occupancy cabin, you must still keep the cabin up to date payment-wise as if you're paying for two people, since you're still technically responsible for paying two cabin fares. So your initial deposit (for interiors and ocean views) would be $199x2. The last payment you make would be a little smaller since you'll have the $199 discount in the mix.

Prices/Food Upgrades:

Yes, this cruise is more expensive than the same Carnival cruise without the music. The food is not upgraded, it's the same as any other cruise on the Destiny - though we do sometimes have more food available than normal, especially late-night since our crowd is up much later than normal cruisers! What you're paying extra for is the festival itself, along with the cruise. This isn't just "A few Weezer shows on a boat" - it's much more than that. Yes, you'll get the two Weezer shows - one of them being on the Lido deck, which is one of the coolest (if not THE coolest) place you'll ever see a show, but all the other bands typically play 2-3 times each throughout the duration of the trip. That's a LOT of music and requires lots planning, a ton of crew to build and run stages that don't normally exist and all kinds of things that you don't typically think of when comparing to a regular cruise. It's a total festival experience at sea all day every day. You'll also get your photo with Weezer, and get to see/take part in the Q&A, plus there are all kinds of other activities that will be happening onboard as well - they'll be announced between now and when we sail. We certainly hope you can join us!

Special Diets:

Guests with diet requirements can be accommodated on board. There are no Dieticians onboard; therefore, Carnival can only offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. The special diet requirements need to be arranged with the guest's Headwaiter on the first night of the cruise. Every menu (in the dining room) has Spa Carnival Cuisine Fare. These items are lower in calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. Salads are prepared with diet dressing. Desserts are prepared with Sweet'N Low or NutraSweet instead of sugar. In addition, each menu has one vegetarian entree. Low-cholesterol egg substitute is available upon request as well as diet jellies at breakfast.

The following simple diets can be prepared onboard:

•     Vegetarian
  •     Salt-free
  •     Bland
  •     Low sugar
  •     Gluten free

The following food is not available onboard:

•     Kosher meals
  •     Baby Food and Formula

Hope that helps with all of your questions. I'll get back to you guys with the visa/traveling abroad information when we hear back from Carnival. The full cruise website is scheduled to launch tomorrow, and there is a LOT of info like this on there, so be sure to take your time to read through it (especially the FAQ section) - it'll answer questions you didn't even know you had! :-)

In the meantime, let me know if you need any other information!

~jen

Will there be merch available for all the bands present ?  I assume there will be weezer stuff at least ?
Yep! We will have a merch store onboard that will have both cruise and band merch.

Calvin Yoder said:
Will there be merch available for all the bands present ?  I assume there will be weezer stuff at least ?
Awesome !  Also, I know you can't promise anything, but typically on cruises like this do the bands hang around so you can meet them at all ?  Thanks, I like the new website by the way :P

As you said, we definitely can't promise anything, but typically on our cruises, the bands tend to hang out around the ship a bit. When they're not performing, it's a vacation for them too. It is entirely up to them as to how comfortable they feel being out and about, but it's not uncommon to end up in the buffet line next to a favorite band member.

In order to keep the environment onboard one that promotes the artist/fan interaction, we ask that you always use your best judgement and make sure the situation is right before you intervene (for example, don't interrupt a meal with an artist and their family for an autograph, etc.). 

We actually have a video about this exact topic - click here to check it out. Enjoy!

Just got my pre-sale booking information and i'm getting excited for this already! I am a little concerned being that I know I registered for the pre-sale prior to several of my friends but they managed to get pre-sale dates and times ahead of mine so i'm not sure how that worked but my fingers are crossed that it all works out for us.

All booking times are randomly assigned to be fair to all weezer fans who found out at different times about the cruise. However, since you're part of the first pre-sale group, you're still one of the first people to be able to book, so don't worry! 

~jen

Jacob Chmielewski said:

Just got my pre-sale booking information and i'm getting excited for this already! I am a little concerned being that I know I registered for the pre-sale prior to several of my friends but they managed to get pre-sale dates and times ahead of mine so i'm not sure how that worked but my fingers are crossed that it all works out for us.

Oh, i'm not mad about it or anything like that i knew going in that it had to be set up somewhat like that. However some of my friends that I told about this should be worried if they get to go and i don't as i may be tempted to kidnap them so I can impersonate them to go on this trip. I guess the good side of that is it would be free for me but maybe with some legal implications, still worth the risk though!  Can't Wait!

Sixthman Jen said:

All booking times are randomly assigned to be fair to all weezer fans who found out at different times about the cruise. However, since you're part of the first pre-sale group, you're still one of the first people to be able to book, so don't worry! 

~jen

Jacob Chmielewski said:

@ Jacob - glad you're not mad! And don't worry - I don't think you'll have any need to steal your friends identities!

Here's more info on the international travel question I partially answered yesterday - this is the official info directly from Carnival:

Overall Summary: Non-U.S Citizens must contact the appropriate Consulates, U.S. Embassy and U.S. Immigration office to inquire about necessary travel documentation. Carnival assumes no responsibility for advising guests of Immigration requirements.

TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS

The following documentation is required in order to sail on ALL cruise departures, including Cruises-to-Nowhere.
Carnival recommends that all guests travel with a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of travel.

Domestic Cruises
Non-U.S citizens are required to carry a valid, unexpired passport and a valid, unexpired U.S Multiple Re-entry Visa, if applicable – AND - Non-U.S Citizens are advised to check with the appropriate government authority to determine any additional necessary travel documents. Carnival assumes no responsibility for advising guests of Immigration requirements. Guests without proper identification may be refused boarding or entry into the United States.

Visa Waiver Program (VWP): Non-U.S. citizens that are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Pilot Program, must have a valid, unexpired machine readable passport. U.S. Department of State regulations require all guests traveling from visa-waiver countries be in possession of a machine readable passport that includes a biometric identifier (ex: embedded digital photograph). In addition, travelers are required to have an electronic travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (E.S.T.A). Details on this program as well as the participating VWP countries can be found below

Visa Waiver Program  / Electronic System for Travel Authorization (E.S.T.A)
The Visa Waiver Program allows foreign nationals from certain countries to travel to the United States for business or pleasure, for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa.

All Visa Waiver Program countries will be required to begin issuing passports with biometric identifiers by October 26, 2005 in order to enter the United States. A biometric identifier is an electronic scan of a physical feature, such as an eye, hand, fingerprint, or face. It allows an immigration inspector to know for certain that the person appearing before them is the same person to whom a passport (or visa) was issued. The new regulation applies only to new passports issued after October 26, 2005.

Effective January 12, 2009, all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers are required to have an electronic travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (E.S.T.A). Homeland Security has developed a web based system that determines the eligibility of visitors from Visa Waiver Program countries (VWP) to travel to the United States. Please note citizens of the following countries who are NOT U.S Residents (ARC- “Green Card” holders), must fulfill this requirement or entry to the United States may be denied. Travelers must enter information into the following secure website: www.cbp.gov/esta font color="#0000FF">http://www.cbp.gov/esta
>

Countries Participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
Andorra Denmark Hungary Liechtenstein Norway Slovenia
Australia Estonia Iceland Lithuania Portugal South Korea
Austria Finland Ireland Luxembourg Republic of Malta Spain
Belgium France Italy Monaco San Marino Sweden
Brunei Germany Japan Netherlands Singapore Switzerland
Czech Republic Greece Latvia New Zealand Slovakia United Kingdom 

Haha, the video, nice one. I must remember not to tackle Weezer into the pool.

Sixthman Jen said:

As you said, we definitely can't promise anything, but typically on our cruises, the bands tend to hang out around the ship a bit. When they're not performing, it's a vacation for them too. It is entirely up to them as to how comfortable they feel being out and about, but it's not uncommon to end up in the buffet line next to a favorite band member.

In order to keep the environment onboard one that promotes the artist/fan interaction, we ask that you always use your best judgement and make sure the situation is right before you intervene (for example, don't interrupt a meal with an artist and their family for an autograph, etc.). 

We actually have a video about this exact topic - click here to check it out. Enjoy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video