Uh.. what?

http://www.theweezercruise.com/

Views: 7596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

jen,

if someone books a double and then can not find a 2nd person to go with them, can they get teh 199 discount and refund of the 2nd person fees if they let the company know by a certain time and turn it into a single occupancy thing?

-thanks for answering the legality question with people under 21!

placemats said:

The idea of being trapped on a ship with Dinosaur Jr/J Mascis makes this cruise even more appealing.
Since I may be one of the only Floridians on this board...can I get a free ticket?
You hadn't heard?  J will be running the Kids Club.

Omletteburning said:

placemats said:

The idea of being trapped on a ship with Dinosaur Jr/J Mascis makes this cruise even more appealing.

A cruise for $799-$1500+ to see Weezer live? I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous. I don’t even know where to start. So many thoughts and emotions come to mind. I mean really? I just don’t get who exactly can afford to go on such a cruise. Oh! wait, I do: super rich people and whiney little brat kids with super rich parents. I just feel unwanted as a Weezer fan. I never knew through all these 17 years of being a fan that Weezer was for the elite rich people. Just who’s idea was this and what is the point of it? I don’t get it. Explain? I just feel snubbed. It’s really a slap in the face. I’m sorry but there is no way I could ever afford $1500+ it costs to go on this cruise. Is Weezer that out of touch with the common person that they think that price isn’t a slap in the face to most adult long time fans? It just saddens me. I’m sorry for being down and negative, but I can‘t help it. I’m not rich and this is like saying, “here‘s a really cool way to see your favorite band but…Only for the rich fans, poor people can stuff it.” How heartless. The least they could do is have a contest to win tickets for at least a few fans. Please Weezer could you have two mailing lists one for rich fans and the other for normal people? Cause I really wish I hadn’t even known about it. It makes me have less respect for Weezer. I’m sorry but I can’t help but feel that the whole thing is just insulting. Oh, well, in the end my opinion doesn’t matter much. After all money talks. (Unless you’re a Taylor Swift fan she says she is constantly thinking of ways to repay her fans, or friends as she calls themJ regardless of their income lol….like the Allure of the Seas CONTEST to see her live on the World‘s Largest Cruise Ship)

Does anyone have any idea about this? i'll be needing a visa too.

Chris Connick said:

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and really wanna go to this! Signed up for the presale and hope I get tix before it sells out. Slightly worried about the id requirements stated on the website. I've got a valid British passport and travelled to Miami many times (my folks live in Florida) but does anyone know if I'd need to sort out a "Multiple Re-entry Visa"? Is this because we'll be leaving to Mexico and back to the states?! And if I do need one has anyone been through the process before and have any advice or info on how to/costs?

I'd undertstand if I was some sort of insane Scottish drug baron, but would be a shame to miss out on behalf of some paperwork... : )

Any info appreciated!

- Chris

I feel the need to comment on this...we are not talking about an $800 Weezer concert here as your post seems to imply.  It's a 4-night cruise, with an up-charge vs. other cruises to pay for high-quality entertainment (not just Weezer, but the awesome Dinosaur Jr, Wavves, Antlers, Yuck and others).  It is expensive for sure...but it's a vacation, and is something that you'd do in place of another vacation that might have a similar cost...it's not something that you compare to a $50-$100 concert ticket.  Weezer and the other bands on-board are active touring bands that you're likely to get a chance to see, if seeing them play is your only interest.

You don't have to be rich to pay $800 for a vacation...a full-time job and some frugality in saving for the trip is necessary...but bashing the band for creating such a trip seems unfair - if you can't go, its existence doesn't change anything in your life.  Just like any other awesome thing that we can't do due to the need to budget, or to not vacation at that time, etc.

That said...these prices are about double what a cruise on the same ship for the same duration would normally cost at the same time (if not a bit more).  I'd hope that the amenities/food/etc. are upgraded somewhat compared to those inexpensive cruises?  Does anybody know if this will be more upscale quality-wise than your typical $300 Carnival 4-day cruise on the Destiny?

Mary Alice Weis said:

A cruise for $799-$1500+ to see Weezer live? I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous. 

i think weezer should scrap the cruise and play on a submarine............
Perfect situation...my kids love J almost as much as I do 

Becc said:
You hadn't heard?  J will be running the Kids Club.

Omletteburning said:

placemats said:

even better, a rocket ship 
edgey44 said:
i think weezer should scrap the cruise and play on a submarine............

it's funny to me when people act like they have to go to every single concert/event

Brofessefef said:

Quit moaning.  It's not the bands fault you're poor and too lazy to do anything about it.  Don't try hard in life and you can't always have nice things.  Simple.

Mary Alice Weis said:

A cruise for $799-$1500+ to see Weezer live? I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous. I don’t even know where to start. So many thoughts and emotions come to mind. I mean really? I just don’t get who exactly can afford to go on such a cruise. Oh! wait, I do: super rich people and whiney little brat kids with super rich parents. I just feel unwanted as a Weezer fan. I never knew through all these 17 years of being a fan that Weezer was for the elite rich people. Just who’s idea was this and what is the point of it? I don’t get it. Explain? I just feel snubbed. It’s really a slap in the face. I’m sorry but there is no way I could ever afford $1500+ it costs to go on this cruise. Is Weezer that out of touch with the common person that they think that price isn’t a slap in the face to most adult long time fans? It just saddens me. I’m sorry for being down and negative, but I can‘t help it. I’m not rich and this is like saying, “here‘s a really cool way to see your favorite band but…Only for the rich fans, poor people can stuff it.” How heartless. The least they could do is have a contest to win tickets for at least a few fans. Please Weezer could you have two mailing lists one for rich fans and the other for normal people? Cause I really wish I hadn’t even known about it. It makes me have less respect for Weezer. I’m sorry but I can’t help but feel that the whole thing is just insulting. Oh, well, in the end my opinion doesn’t matter much. After all money talks. (Unless you’re a Taylor Swift fan she says she is constantly thinking of ways to repay her fans, or friends as she calls themJ regardless of their income lol….like the Allure of the Seas CONTEST to see her live on the World‘s Largest Cruise Ship)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video