Woo-hoo! Just got the setlist song poll in my email! :)  Weezer cruise-goers, what non-Blue, non-Pinkerton songs do you want to hear live?  

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I gotta say, they have advertised night one as being greatest hits and Blue but I would love if they played rarities on night one and I doubt people who just want the hits are gonna be on the cruise. If they are I would hope they are the minority.

That said, some of the hits still sound really good live (Pork & Beans, Beverly Hills).

If there's already a greatest hits set on Blue night, then there's even less of a reason to vote for singles like Perfect Situation, Beverly Hills or Memories since you know they'll play them there.

Gohi said:

I gotta say, they have advertised night one as being greatest hits and Blue but I would love if they played rarities on night one and I doubt people who just want the hits are gonna be on the cruise. If they are I would hope they are the minority.

That said, some of the hits still sound really good live (Pork & Beans, Beverly Hills).

Pig

and The Angel & The One!

hey gohi, just saw your reply.     IMO there is a clear, distinct difference between the rivers 'alone' songs i mentioned that seem strange being on the poll (walt disney, lemonade, i was scared, my day is coming) versus the songs you mention (devotion, blast off, LTSS). 

for starters, devotion, blastoff, and LTSS were rehearsed by weezer back in the day.  to my knowledge, walt disney, lemonade, scared and my day is coming have remained rivers demos only & never played by the band even in rehearsal. 

karl can confirm or not, but in all my years i've never heard of weezer rehearsing walt disney especially.  perhaps lemonade is the best argument you can make of the songs i mentioned being that pat was a part of that song, but even that isn't a 'weezer' recording with matt/jason. 

in addition, weezer played devotion live back in 1997.  the fact that weezer is busting out old rarities in concert now that they at one point played live before (devotion) or rehearsed before (blastoff, LTSS) isn't really indicative of them potentially playing songs on the cruise that rivers never before showed the band and have always just been his demos.

obviously the difference between the songs is pretty clear, to me at least! :)

Gohi said:

Bill, your logic is flawed because the band has played Devotion, Blast Off and Longtime Sunshine in the past few months (though Longtime was on P:DE).

The good news is that neither Matt or Jason are in the band anymore anyways.  So.

Bill said:

karl can confirm or not, but in all my years i've never heard of weezer rehearsing walt disney especially.  perhaps lemonade is the best argument you can make of the songs i mentioned being that pat was a part of that song, but even that isn't a 'weezer' recording with matt/jason. 

Gohi said:

Bill, your logic is flawed because the band has played Devotion, Blast Off and Longtime Sunshine in the past few months (though Longtime was on P:DE).

bmp

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video