Woo-hoo! Just got the setlist song poll in my email! :)  Weezer cruise-goers, what non-Blue, non-Pinkerton songs do you want to hear live?  

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crickets.

Play Island in the sun. It makes so much sense

Honestly, I'd love if the first night didn't have to be greatest hits. More rarities the better imo.

SS2K, Maladroit demos, Green and demos from that era, Hurley, Red album bonus tracks and of course Pinkerton/b-sides from that era and Blue.

i noticed there are rivers alone tracks on the song list.

i think its unlikely that weezer will play walt disney, lemonade, i was scared, my day is coming, ect or any of the other tracks that are really just rivers songs.  those aren't weezer songs, they shouldn't be included in the poll.  unless of course rivers is gonna bust out a solo set or something, which would be awesome.  hint.

weezer has great songs that i've heard live a hundred times.  but i gave those songs 1's because i'd rather hear some different stuff.

everythign got a 1 except for the following songs which i gave 10's to:

green: dont let go

maladroit: take control

make believe: this is such a pity

red: EGD, dreamin, GMTEL, pig, angel, sweeney

rad: cant stop partying, trippin, let it all hang out, don't want to let you go

hurley:  trainwrecks, ruling me, smart girls, brave new world, time flies

dtfm: i gave 10 to everything.

it would shock surprise me if they play anything from dtfm.  i don't believe it will happen.  i think its most realistic that they will play 1 or 2 new songs from red that we've never heard live before.  and honestly i think a performance of red front to back would be pretty damn cool

My picks:

Varsity:

Slob*

Greatest Man

Smart Girls

Miss Sweeney*

King

Tragic Girl*

Represent

Mykel and Carli

Blast Off!

Let's Sew Our Pants Together

Longtime Sunshine

My Day is Coming

Can't Stop Partying*

Superfriend

JV:

December

Hold Me

Haunt You Every Day

Cold Dark World

Angel and the One

I'm Your Daddy

Put Me Back Together

Unspoken

Losing My Mind

Lover In the Snow

Paperface

You Gave Your Love to Me Softly

* = MVP. Lobbying hardest for these.

Bill - I used the same technique -- 1's and 10's only, save for a handful of greatest hits that I never get tired of hearing (I gave them 5's).   

I do not agree.  Essentially anything Weezer IS a Rivers song, with the latest stuff being a percentage of Rivers and random other writers outside of the band entirely (and the rare exception).  Some of those Rivers demos are Weezer songs, we've just never heard them (like Superfriend which was erased with the full band recording).  And I think if it were unlikely they were being played they wouldn't bother putting it into the poll.  Recently they played Longtime Sunshine and Blast Off, so it's not at all out of the question.

Bill said:

i think its unlikely that weezer will play walt disney, lemonade, i was scared, my day is coming, ect or any of the other tracks that are really just rivers songs.  those aren't weezer songs, they shouldn't be included in the poll.  unless of course rivers is gonna bust out a solo set or something, which would be awesome.  hint.

I agree with Bill, though I wouldn't mind hearing the songs. If Alone songs get included, why don't The Special Goodness or Relationship songs get included? Mind you, I would LOVE to hear fullband of some (most) of those tracks. I just found their inclusion a bit strange. Not complaining though, gave most a 10.

Also, Daniel, log out of my name before posting. I refuse to rally the troops to give Cold and Damp love.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

I do not agree.  Essentially anything Weezer IS a Rivers song, with the latest stuff being a percentage of Rivers and random other writers outside of the band entirely (and the rare exception).  Some of those Rivers demos are Weezer songs, we've just never heard them (like Superfriend which was erased with the full band recording).  And I think if it were unlikely they were being played they wouldn't bother putting it into the poll.  Recently they played Longtime Sunshine and Blast Off, so it's not at all out of the question.

Bill said:

Yeah I guess if you think about it that way then it is a little unfair that SG/Relationship songs aren't included too.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:

I agree with Bill, though I wouldn't mind hearing the songs. If Alone songs get included, why don't The Special Goodness or Relationship songs get included? Mind you, I would LOVE to hear fullband of some (most) of those tracks. I just found their inclusion a bit strange. Not complaining though, gave most a 10.

Also, Daniel, log out of my name before posting. I refuse to rally the troops to give Cold and Damp love.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Bill said:

i think, given all we know about weezer, that it makes perfect sense to include rivers cuomo's demo songs on the list but not songs from the special goodness or the relationship. as the primary songwriter for most of weezer's existence i would assume he viewed many of his home demos as possible weezer songs, that for one reason or another were never given the full band treatment. i don't think you can say the same thing for pat or brian's own songs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video