Woo-hoo! Just got the setlist song poll in my email! :)  Weezer cruise-goers, what non-Blue, non-Pinkerton songs do you want to hear live?  

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, I see both sides of it. Like I said, I'm not complaining. I'd kill to hear some of that stuff full band.

Ok, I don't care for Everybody Get Dangerous, or Heartsongs, but I wouldn't mind hearing most other songs from the Red album.

Gohi said:

God no.

LoveWeezer said:

They should probably just play the whole Red album 

Yes!

Bill said:

and honestly i think a performance of red front to back would be pretty damn cool

To make best use of this opportunity, you should vote for awesome songs they have pretty much never played live. Ever.

Always

Brightening Day

Chess

The Christmas Song

Crazy One

I Do

Superfriend

Walt Disney

Wanda, You're My Only Love

Those are what I would vote for. How many choices do you get?

I'm gonna be the voice of reason here and say that I really don't need to see Weezer play Special Goodness or Relationship tracks. That's not a slight on those groups either. I love the The Relationship album and quite a bit of the Special Goodness canon, but it's been proven that Weezer does not really do well with that material (Thought I Knew, Automatic).

Bill, your logic is flawed because the band has played Devotion, Blast Off and Longtime Sunshine in the past few months (though Longtime was on P:DE).

And I can't believe anyone would wanna see Troublemaker, Heart Songs, Thought I Knew, Automatic Cold Dark World and Everybody Get Dangerous when they could be seeing [insert any b-side from 96]. With that said, I do hope A LOT of Red tracks get played, particularly the bonus tracks, because that was Rivers' best songwriting since 98 imo. Ain't tryna be a hater. Maybe I'd appreciate Red more after it was played in full... but I'm doubtful.

Thought I Knew is the weakest song in =w='s catalog, imo.  The bonus red tracks would be amazing to see live.  I love King, Pig, and Ms Sweeny more than some older stuff.

Gohi said:

I'm gonna be the voice of reason here and say that I really don't need to see Weezer play Special Goodness or Relationship tracks. That's not a slight on those groups either. I love the The Relationship album and quite a bit of the Special Goodness canon, but it's been proven that Weezer does not really do well with that material (Thought I Knew, Automatic).

Bill, your logic is flawed because the band has played Devotion, Blast Off and Longtime Sunshine in the past few months (though Longtime was on P:DE).

And I can't believe anyone would wanna see Troublemaker, Heart Songs, Thought I Knew, Automatic Cold Dark World and Everybody Get Dangerous when they could be seeing [insert any b-side from 96]. With that said, I do hope A LOT of Red tracks get played, particularly the bonus tracks, because that was Rivers' best songwriting since 98 imo. Ain't tryna be a hater. Maybe I'd appreciate Red more after it was played in full... but I'm thinking that wouldn't be flawed.

I'M A ROBOT! I'M A ROBOT!

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Thought I Knew is the weakest song in =w='s catalog, imo.  The bonus red tracks would be amazing to see live.  I love King, Pig, and Ms Sweeny more than some older stuff.

Gohi said:

And I can't believe anyone would wanna see Troublemaker, Heart Songs, Thought I Knew, Automatic Cold Dark World and Everybody Get Dangerous when they could be seeing [insert any b-side from 96]. With that said, I do hope A LOT of Red tracks get played, particularly the bonus tracks, because that was Rivers' best songwriting since 98 imo. Ain't tryna be a hater. Maybe I'd appreciate Red more after it was played in full... but I'm thinking that wouldn't be flawed.

I GOTTA GET ME SOME

EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE YEH

Radioactive said:

I'M A ROBOT! I'M A ROBOT!

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Gohi said:

Why would anyone vote for something such as Represent..

what about American Girls ? it was commercially released, right ?

I still wouldn't mind seeing The Other Way played, that song is just so choice.  MB never gets any love outside of the singles (which I am getting bored of hearing at this point... PS and BH)

... and yes, we should all be mostly voting for tracks they have never played to make the cruise something extra special.  I think it's pretty unanimous in that most would like rare tracks that have never or almost never been played and some of the bonus tracks on Red to be played.

I really like The Other Way. I wouldn't mind hearing it live. I'd be OK if they didn't play BH just because they play it all the time. Just can't wait to find out what they pick!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

I still wouldn't mind seeing The Other Way played, that song is just so choice.  MB never gets any love outside of the singles (which I am getting bored of hearing at this point... PS and BH)

... and yes, we should all be mostly voting for tracks they have never played to make the cruise something extra special.  I think it's pretty unanimous in that most would like rare tracks that have never or almost never been played and some of the bonus tracks on Red to be played.

Exactly who wants to hear BH when you can hear it at any other show?  Don't vote singles.  VOTE THE OTHER WAY!!!

... VOTE FOR RARE SONGS WE MAY NEVER GET A CHANCE TO HEAR OTHERWISE!!!!  MAKE THE MOST OF THIS OPPORTUNITY! 

The set list at almost any other Weezer show is just the singles.  Perfect Situation, Beverly Hills, Troublemaker... these are great songs and all but...  There are SFTBH rarities that have never been played we could hear.  There are b-sides like Waiting on You that they have not played at all (they did play Devotion recently)... there are tracks like Blowin my Stack from DTFM that I promise you will never get played if you do not seize this opportunity.  This is a very special occasion where we can actually choose the songs. 

Remember you can change your vote and update it!  There are so many rare weezer songs that have never been played live or haven't in forever that are as good as the singles.

Also keep in mind they already said they would be playing Tragic Girl for the first time on the cruise as part of the promotion for it (and Mykel and Carli)... so it's kind of a non-issue on those two.

LoveWeezer said:

I really like The Other Way. I wouldn't mind hearing it live. I'd be OK if they didn't play BH just because they play it all the time. Just can't wait to find out what they pick!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video