Rivers still can write very emotional songs as I think he has prooved with songs like, The angel and the one The damage in your heart,o'girlfriend, death and destruction,and December.  The three key Pinkterton ingrediants for me anyway are: slightly distorted drums with tons of overplaying,tons of octave and fuzz pedal solos, and 2 inch analog tape.  I bet if they gathered a collection of all the most emotional songs post Pinkerton and re-recorded them that way, they would have another classic.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4 inch analog tape would be better
This is weezer.com. Not pinkerton.com. Seriously. Get over it. Please.

runnersdialzero said:
4 inch analog tape would be better

There is no 4 inch analog tape. 2 inch is the industry standard that all the major studios use. There are smaller tapes that are less expensive though.
But then would Pinkerton really sound so amazing to us?
That would be like saying revolver by the beatles is great but rubber soul sucks now.

Josh D-K said:
This is weezer.com. Not pinkerton.com. Seriously. Get over it. Please.

Relax dude. 95% of weezer fans think Pinkerton is their emotional masterpiece album. i'm simply pondering the fact as to maybe hypotheticaly they could have summed up another equally as emotional album. i know this is weezer.com and wasn't pinkerton an album by weezer? dusche bag.

iloveopiates said:
That would be like saying revolver by the beatles is great but rubber soul sucks now.

touche
I respectfully disagree. Although I love "Hurley" and there are some sweet parts to all the other post-pinkerton albums, I think something profoundly different happened in Rivers' song-writing during their post-pinkerton hiatus. I can remember, in 2000, when they came back from their hiatus, being super excited about hearing new Weezer. As soon as I heard the live recordings of songs like Mad Cow, Superstar, etc., there was a small death that happened inside of me. I knew that the Weezer I knew and love was gone, never to return. There was a strong qualitative difference in the material, and there has been ever since. Anyone who denies that is well.....I think....in denial.

And the thing is- that's ok! Bands change. Weezer seems incredibly happy with what they are doing. And for that, I am extremely happy (and even weirdly proud) for them. Almost 20 years later, they're still doing their thing and selling out shows all over the world. I even get excited about hearing the new stuff they put out. And often times, I like it! But the fact of the matter is that it just doesn't mearsure up to Pinkerton or The Blue Album.

In summary, I do not think that Rivers could have made another Pinkerton after 1998. But it is interesting fodder for thought.
Good post :).

Barrett Raven said:
I respectfully disagree. Although I love "Hurley" and there are some sweet parts to all the other post-pinkerton albums, I think something profoundly different happened in Rivers' song-writing during their post-pinkerton hiatus. I can remember, in 2000, when they came back from their hiatus, being super excited about hearing new Weezer. As soon as I heard the live recordings of songs like Mad Cow, Superstar, etc., there was a small death that happened inside of me. I knew that the Weezer I knew and love was gone, never to return. There was a strong qualitative difference in the material, and there has been ever since. Anyone who denies that is well.....I think....in denial.

And the thing is- that's ok! Bands change. Weezer seems incredibly happy with what they are doing. And for that, I am extremely happy (and even weirdly proud) for them. Almost 20 years later, they're still doing their thing and selling out shows all over the world. I even get excited about hearing the new stuff they put out. And often times, I like it! But the fact of the matter is that it just doesn't mearsure up to Pinkerton or The Blue Album.

In summary, I do not think that Rivers could have made another Pinkerton after 1998. But it is interesting fodder for thought.
Good point.

MakeEmLaugh said:
But then would Pinkerton really sound so amazing to us?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video