Recently become interested in autographed stuff from the first few albums, but not had a great deal of success in finding that much.

It’s particularly hard to know what’s a fair price to pay certain things. Obviously the earlier it is the more you’d expect to pay, I guess. But some advice would be great. ....I’ve found these two things on ebay, for example: This & this. Thoughts?

Plus, what have other people got, autograph wise, from the 3 albums? Finally, any suggestions of where else to look? (Online, given I don’t live in the US)

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the pinkerton signed cd doesnt seem like such a bad price, beats paying for a 300 dollar meet and greet i guess.

I bought both of those for $20 a piece at a =w= show in 2002.  I don't know if they still sign the albums and sell them at the merch tables at shows anymore, though.

I have Blue-Maladroit, signed, all purchased at shows.

My favorite collectible items are all my =w= vinyls.

Thanks for that. I guess the my point is, that was 2002 and finding those signatures from the the original line-up(s) is going to be more difficult in 2011.So even if they still do sign albums, me taking Pinkerton (for example) and getting it signed by the band now, would be a bit meaningless IMO.

A signed Blue & Pinkerton from that time is more the kind of thing I was after. ....however getting that in 2011 is a little more difficult and expensive. But my question is, how expensive is too expensive given they are rare pieces?

Price is what you put on it.  If it's that important to you, then you'll spend whatever.  There really isn't a "market" for weezer memorabilia, like for the Beatles, Elvis, etc...

I highly doubt you will find a signed CD with Rivers, Brian, Pat, and Matt.  All of my signed copies have Scott's signature, which is more that OK with me.  I love Scott as the =w= bassist.

W. T. Grim said:

Thanks for that. I guess the my point is, that was 2002 and finding those signatures from the the original line-up(s) is going to be more difficult in 2011.So even if they still do sign albums, me taking Pinkerton (for example) and getting it signed by the band now, would be a bit meaningless IMO.

A signed Blue & Pinkerton from that time is more the kind of thing I was after. ....however getting that in 2011 is a little more difficult and expensive. But my question is, how expensive is too expensive given they are rare pieces?

pretty sure that green album is signed by scott, not mikey, but i don't know their signatures.

if you're looking for real collector's items that will gain value over time, go for the rare stuff, not signed copies of their major albums. that out of print 7" will always be worth more than a signed cd. the signatures will only add real value once they are dead, and even then it depends on the band/album. basically, the only way you'll get rich with signed weezer cds is if in 50 years there is still a demand from clueless individuals who think it might be ok to pay $200 for a copy of the green album.

and gregor, the plural of vinyl is vinyl.

I have a vinyl record of the Blue Album signed by the original band. NOT for sale.

I got the Pinkerton deluxe package with the signed photograph. That's it. 
It looks like that Pinkerton CD I posted earlier is.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Price is what you put on it.  If it's that important to you, then you'll spend whatever.  There really isn't a "market" for weezer memorabilia, like for the Beatles, Elvis, etc...

I highly doubt you will find a signed CD with Rivers, Brian, Pat, and Matt.  All of my signed copies have Scott's signature, which is more that OK with me.  I love Scott as the =w= bassist.

its not really signed (just printed on) but still cool to look at.

Farkas said:
You sure?

Naota25 said:

Farkas said:
Lets do an investigation. Tell me exactly where yours are located. 

Farkas said:
You sure?

Naota25 said:

Farkas said:

I didn't read the description!  That is pretty cool if it has Matt's signature on it.  

I have Matt's signature on a Rentals poster at home.  I want to verify that signature.

W. T. Grim said:

It looks like that Pinkerton CD I posted earlier is.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video