I've actually never been a huge fan of the Make Believe era, but I have to say that after re-viewing this video (haven't seen it for years) I have to say that they may have had their best performances at that time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98pDUYb6CQI&feature=relmfu

I love the energy and passion in their performance but also the tightness and the mature rocksound of a band that really knows how to play and has been touring together for many years. 

What do you think? 

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally I'm not too fond of Scott's falsetto, but at least he's continuing it and I see what you mean because they are really tight and it sounds good. Although I think they were at their best at their comeback in 2000/2001. During the 2005 era I just feel as if it all sounds a bit too polished when they played live and I just prefer Weezer before that time.

hugh in liking green era weezer best shocker

Good yes, at it's best no. It's hard to say when was there "best" just because Theyre always changing the way they do things and it's hard to say one is better than the other, they're all cool in there own way

Mikey and Scott both sing in falsetto, just look at live videos of Say It Ain't So, Undone and many other songs. I suppose there is some falsetto on The Green album in Photograph so technically Mikey has done a bit of falsetto on an album.

Lewis Digges said:

Scott singing falsetto? If he's singing falsetto then I'm the first to hear about it. I always thought that Rivers and/or Pat were singing falsetto more Rivers singing that than Pat (example: Greatest Man where Rivers sings "Oh baby"). Then again Mikey didn't sing falsetto either from what I heard.

 

Anyways, I wished that Weezer would come back to the 2008 Red Album era with more singing from everyone on record and on tour. That was the best era for me besides the Blue and Pinkerton eras of course.

Hugh Lovric said:

Personally I'm not too fond of Scott's falsetto, but at least he's continuing it and I see what you mean because they are really tight and it sounds good. Although I think they were at their best at their comeback in 2000/2001. During the 2005 era I just feel as if it all sounds a bit too polished when they played live and I just prefer Weezer before that time.

the bass players were always doing the falsetto background vocals



Lewis Digges said:

I didn't think that Scott and Mikey were able to do falsettos if you compare Scott singing King and Cold Dark World that were void of those. Even though I've never heard a Mikey solo song or a Weezer song where Mikey's singing voice is audible I'm unable to tell whether Mikey or Rivers were singing those parts or not. And could it be possible that Rivers might be doing the falsettos by himself on record from Green onwards?

Personally, besides Matt, I always believe that Rivers does a better falsetto than anyone else.

Make Believe was my favorite era.  The stage set up was great, and that's when Rivers really started to come out of his shell.  "was" my favorite because I saw them last friday at the Hammond Horseshoe.  They were in great form.  Rocking the s*** out of each song and having a good time.

Mikey has done plenty of other things apart from Weezer so you can easily listen to some of his other music and I'm pretty sure on the Green abum that Mikey sings backing vocals on "Don't Let Go", "Photograph", "Hash Pipe", "Island In The Sun", "Crab" and 'Simple Pages". Because if you listen closely you can hear the differences and there is a photo on Weezerpedia of Mikey in the studio recording vocals. Rivers did some of his own backing vocals on a few songs on the album, but not the main backing vocals parts and "Photograph is the most clear time on the Green album when you can hear Mikey's backing vocals.

Lewis Digges said:

I didn't think that Scott and Mikey were able to do falsettos if you compare Scott singing King and Cold Dark World that were void of those. Even though I've never heard a Mikey solo song or a Weezer song where Mikey's singing voice is audible I'm unable to tell whether Mikey or Rivers were singing those parts or not. And could it be possible that Rivers might be doing the falsettos by himself on record from Green onwards?

Personally, besides Matt, I always believe that Rivers does a better falsetto than anyone else.

Hugh Lovric said:

Mikey and Scott both sing in falsetto, just look at live videos of Say It Ain't So, Undone and many other songs. I suppose there is some falsetto on The Green album in Photograph so technically Mikey has done a bit of falsetto on an album.

Lewis Digges said:

Scott singing falsetto? If he's singing falsetto then I'm the first to hear about it. I always thought that Rivers and/or Pat were singing falsetto more Rivers singing that than Pat (example: Greatest Man where Rivers sings "Oh baby"). Then again Mikey didn't sing falsetto either from what I heard.

 

Anyways, I wished that Weezer would come back to the 2008 Red Album era with more singing from everyone on record and on . That was the best era for me besides the Blue and Pinkerton eras of course.

Hugh Lovric said:

Personally I'm not too fond of Scott's falsetto, but at least he's continuing it and I see what you mean because they are really tight and it sounds good. Although I think they were at their best at their comeback in 2000/2001. During the 2005 era I just feel as if it all sounds a bit too polished when they played live and I just prefer Weezer before that time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video