I went to play piano at a senior day care this afternoon. It was my first time, and I'd practiced a bunch of hymns because I thought that's what they wanted to hear, but after lunch, when they started their exercise, they asked me to play something fast. I played a few of the faster classical songs I knew, and then I was at the end of my repertoire and out of ideas. 

 

The end of the story is that the seniors at the Shepherd Center got to hear Pink Triangle and I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams. I think I'm going to throw in Across the Sea next week while they're eating (since it's slower), and I've been trying to come up with elderly-appropriate lyrics for if they ask me to sing again, which went a little something like this:  


"I'm dumb... there she goes again? I thought I had found the one."  

 

"Might have known some girls in my time, but never thought it was a crime." 

 

I don't think they'll get "turns out I just pulled myself," but maybe I'll go with "turns out I just fooled myself."

 

I feel like I'm editing music for Kids Bop... only not so much. Just thought some of y'all might get a kick out of that. I sure did. ; )

 

=WW=

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats really cool of u to volunteer your time and talents like that-i'm sure you're much appreciated. sounds like a fun/interesting scene, u should post a video of u performing there if u can.
Those are good substitutions.

good idea for substitutions, but i don't think they'll get the "pull" reference.

 

Longtime Sunshine might be a good one to do

they're old, not necessarily senile

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

but i don't think they'll get the "pull" reference.

 

This is kind of embarrassing, but I never got that reference until now.

 

And with only a piano and a singer, I can imagine the lyrics are a lot more distinguishable than with a full band.  So.....it should probably be changed.

Klugscheißer [spaz] said:

they're old, not necessarily senile

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

but i don't think they'll get the "pull" reference.

 

Thanks! Haha, well, I'm not sure how interesting it is, but they sure have fun. I don't really know if anyone there knows how to work a video camera... they took a few pictures while I was playing and it took a lot of figuring out.

jcfelix said:
thats really cool of u to volunteer your time and talents like that-i'm sure you're much appreciated. sounds like a fun/interesting scene, u should post a video of u performing there if u can.
I have to admit: I didn't get it at first, either. In fact, I'd been listening to the song for years, when one of my friends piped up, "that's my favorite line! Pulled myself... haha!" 

It was an interesting mix of senile and not senile. Some of them were completely capable and comprehensible, but there was this one lady who came over, stood next to me, and did vocal warm ups for about ten minutes while I was playing. She kept calling the black keys "shorts and flaps," which I thought was cute.



Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

This is kind of embarrassing, but I never got that reference until now.

 

And with only a piano and a singer, I can imagine the lyrics are a lot more distinguishable than with a full band.  So.....it should probably be changed.

Klugscheißer [spaz] said:

they're old, not necessarily senile

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

but i don't think they'll get the "pull" reference.

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video