I missed out on the first wave of sold tickets, so I figured I'd wait it out and see what popped up on ebay and stubhub later.

 

What really shocked me today was that half the seats in the place aren't sold.  Literally half (you can see what seats are still available and pick your individual seats at the livenation ticket sale thing).  Then I saw the prices and I wasn't so shocked anymore.   $106 for anything in the front two-thirds, and $77 for the rest.  You can sit on the lawn for $25 each if you buy 4 tickets, which might be the way to go, except the lawn is pretty far back.

 

I haven't been at the venue in over a decade, but I gotta figure if I buy lawn seats, there's ample opportunity to move down into the half-empty seated area at some point.  Anyone have experience with this at the PNC Arts Center?

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Some major additions to the 2011 Weezer concert calendar today, folks! First of all we got a special pair of shows in the NY/NJ area, co-headlining with The Flaming Lips in the first ever Weezer/Flaming Lips team up! The shows are being opened by Yeasayer, and weezer will play in the middle slot... because the Flaming Lips make such a big mess that its sort of logistically unwise to take the stage after them! But Weezer and the Flaming Lips will be playing identical set lengths."

THIS IS WHAT KARL SAID!!!
Weezer is more well known then the Flaming Lips, but saying that they are more talented eeeehhhh...... Have you seen the Gummy Skull that contains 4 songs on a 1 gig flash drive nuh said about the flaming lips lol.
Does anybody know if it's possible to get to the venue from NYC by public transportation?  I've been trying to find something on the Live Nation website but it's all kind of vague.  It just says:  Check www.livenation.com for updates on the Arts Center Shuttle!  Anyone ever gone by train or bus from the city?
i no there is a train station in point pleasant, which is like 20 minutes away

Shuttle Bus Service

Ride the NJ Transit train to the Matawan Station on the Jersey Coast Line and take the shuttle bus provided by the PNC Bank Art Center directly to the front gates.  The shuttle bus will start running continuously approximately two hours before show time and will run back to the train station immediately after the end of the show.  The last shuttle bus leaves the Arts Center at 11:30 pm even if the performance is still in progress. There will be no shuttle service from the Matawan Train Station to the PNC Bank Arts Center for the following dates: 7/25, 8/11, 8/18.

 

But if I was you, I'd make sure I still had money for a cab just in case

Staci Gordon said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to get to the venue from NYC by public transportation?  I've been trying to find something on the Live Nation website but it's all kind of vague.  It just says:  Check www.livenation.com for updates on the Arts Center Shuttle!  Anyone ever gone by train or bus from the city?

Hi! I'm a n00b here, but a longtime Weezer fan.  A friend and I are coming up for the Jones Beach show and we're really excited. She's as much of a Lips fan as I am a Weezer fan, so it should be great! This will be my first time to see Weezer live and I am stoked.

 

Any info on the Jones Beach show would be greatly appreciated.  Any ideas on setlist? I wanted to share some Weezer music with her before the show so that she's prepared to rock. :)

Thanks!

Nikon Theater at Jones Beach:

1) Not sure if you're old enough to drink, but only the VIP ticket members get to buy alchohol. So bring a cooler and hang out in the parking lot. The cops probably won't bother you as long as you don't act up, and keep everything in a pastic up.

2) Feel free to get there early and hang out on the beach.

3) They won't allow you to bring in any food or liquid from the parking lot to the theater, so eat/drink up in advance.


Lisa said:

Hi! I'm a n00b here, but a longtime Weezer fan.  A friend and I are coming up for the Jones Beach show and we're really excited. She's as much of a Lips fan as I am a Weezer fan, so it should be great! This will be my first time to see Weezer live and I am stoked.

 

Any info on the Jones Beach show would be greatly appreciated.  Any ideas on setlist? I wanted to share some Weezer music with her before the show so that she's prepared to rock. :)

Thanks!

Great info - thank you!!  I meant to ask about traffic - we'll be driving from the airport in Islip.  Will traffic be crazy backed up and take hours to get into the venue, or if we come around 4:30 or 5 will that be cool?  I will die if I am not at my seat when the show starts. :) 

 

Especially good to know about food.  Will chow down beforehand. Thanks again!



CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said:

Nikon Theater at Jones Beach:

1) Not sure if you're old enough to drink, but only the VIP ticket members get to buy alchohol. So bring a cooler and hang out in the parking lot. The cops probably won't bother you as long as you don't act up, and keep everything in a pastic up.

2) Feel free to get there early and hang out on the beach.

3) They won't allow you to bring in any food or liquid from the parking lot to the theater, so eat/drink up in advance.

 

There's usually more traffic in the mornings, as that's when most people get to the beach.

4:30-5 sounds like the best time to get there, especially if you plan on doing some tailgating. There shouldn't be that much traffic unless there's an accident on the highway.

Lisa said:

Great info - thank you!!  I meant to ask about traffic - we'll be driving from the airport in Islip.  Will traffic be crazy backed up and take hours to get into the venue, or if we come around 4:30 or 5 will that be cool?  I will die if I am not at my seat when the show starts. :) 

 

Especially good to know about food.  Will chow down beforehand. Thanks again!



CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said:

Nikon Theater at Jones Beach:

1) Not sure if you're old enough to drink, but only the VIP ticket members get to buy alchohol. So bring a cooler and hang out in the parking lot. The cops probably won't bother you as long as you don't act up, and keep everything in a pastic up.

2) Feel free to get there early and hang out on the beach.

3) They won't allow you to bring in any food or liquid from the parking lot to the theater, so eat/drink up in advance.

 

Thanks again, you're great!  We hope to come as early as we can (land, get car, drive there!) and hang out, maybe see the beach, etc.  Really appreciate the good advice, man.

CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said (about Jones Beach):

There's usually more traffic in the mornings, as that's when most people get to the beach.

4:30-5 sounds like the best time to get there, especially if you plan on doing some tailgating. There shouldn't be that much traffic unless there's an accident on the highway.

Lisa said:

Great info - thank you!!  I meant to ask about traffic - we'll be driving from the airport in Islip.  Will traffic be crazy backed up and take hours to get into the venue, or if we come around 4:30 or 5 will that be cool?  I will die if I am not at my seat when the show starts. :) 

 

Especially good to know about food.  Will chow down beforehand. Thanks again!



Very excited to hear about the bands trading off songs! I'm hoping for lots of Pinkerton and Soft Bulletin stuff! Both of those albums were described as the "Pet Sounds" of their time.  I could see Weezer doing "She Don't Use Jelly" and "Bad Days".  And I think The Lips would do "Pink Triangle" well.
That is crazy that they only let VIP buy adult beverages inside? Is that really true for all shows there?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video