I missed out on the first wave of sold tickets, so I figured I'd wait it out and see what popped up on ebay and stubhub later.

What really shocked me today was that half the seats in the place aren't sold.  Literally half (you can see what seats are still available and pick your individual seats at the livenation ticket sale thing).  Then I saw the prices and I wasn't so shocked anymore.   $106 for anything in the front two-thirds, and $77 for the rest.  You can sit on the lawn for $25 each if you buy 4 tickets, which might be the way to go, except the lawn is pretty far back.

I haven't been at the venue in over a decade, but I gotta figure if I buy lawn seats, there's ample opportunity to move down into the half-empty seated area at some point.  Anyone have experience with this at the PNC Arts Center?

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Price drops galore on Stubhub right now.  Some guy is selling three tickets in about row 16 for $70 each.  Only problem is you have to buy all 3.

Thinking I can get some pretty good seats right up front for under $75 if I wait a couple more days....

Buy my Section 301 Row C tix for 75/pair (32.50 each)

Nate said:

Price drops galore on Stubhub right now.  Some guy is selling three tickets in about row 16 for $70 each.  Only problem is you have to buy all 3.

Thinking I can get some pretty good seats right up front for under $75 if I wait a couple more days....

Hey, does anybody think Weezer snuggies will be sold at the PNC show?

I think it was at least partly logistics.  The Flaming Lips have a lot of gear to set up (giant home-made screen and light ring, confetti guns etc) and usually when they play with other bands they have it half set up in the background as the other bands play, the the Lips will close (check out videos or photos of Bonnaroo 2010 of Gaslight Anthem or The National for example).

Also, it will make for a unique show - and the very dynamic and pacing will be unlike any other Lips or Weezer show.  At this point in their careers I think both bands are looking to go off the regular path.

But whatever the reason it did get quite a bit of press.

I have photos of the special dual rainbow, band stage entrances being planned and more at http://psychexfutureheart.wordpress.com/2011collaborations/lipsweezer/

I'm going to both shows. Can't wait. I'll be tweeting updates all this week from http://twitter.com/#!/FutureHeartDay

Wilford Brimleyž (diabeetužž) said:

O rly

WeezerSituation said:
I have  a feeling they did the whole "trade off song thing" as a way to try and sell more tickets/get the show in the press.
In regard to the original post, it isn't that hard to move down from the lawn.  I live a town over from PNC and see shows there all the time, the security is almost non-existent.
Take the train from NY Penn on the bayhead/long branch line to the Hazlet station.  It's 5 minutes from PNC, shouldn't be an expensive car service ride.

Staci Gordon said:
Does anybody know if it's possible to get to the venue from NYC by public transportation?  I've been trying to find something on the Live Nation website but it's all kind of vague.  It just says:  Check www.livenation.com for updates on the Arts Center Shuttle!  Anyone ever gone by train or bus from the city?

There's a "party bus" for this concert going from NYV to PNC - http://rocksoff.com/shows/1389

"The bus will run to and from 34th Street and 8th Avenue. Right in front of the McDonalds - so you can drop some greasy food in your gullet to soak up all the booze you'll be pouring into it all night long. Boarding begins at 4:45pm, and the bus will leave at 5pm"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video