I've realized there's boardies out there with some real art talent that should be recognized.

Infact the artwork they do are usually far more interesting than what turns out to be the cover art half the time.

From Headcheese and his Homie artwork

to this awesome artwork by joebot

Sftbh -

http://jspiotto.blogspot.com/2007/12/songs-from-black-h***.html

Imagine getting cool artwork like those as a weezer album.

Post what you've found.

Views: 2277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHOA that brings back memories, especially that second one. Holy crap that's old.

crystal_iceburg said:

i have some old old old artwork i saved from back in 2002-2004 from the boards. not mine, claim it if it's yours:

love love love

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Anything by our good friend HEADCHEESE (Luke) is beautiful.  I love his work.  He did the A6 banner and the HOMiE cover along with some other great stuff.  I gotta be honest, IF I WERE WEEZER I'D HIRE HIM FOR THE COVER OF THE NEXT ALBUM AS THAT WOULD BE ALL THAT IS GREAT AND GOOD WITH THE WORLD haha.

At the very least, Sarah... Karl... Rivers... you should get him to do a poster or t-shirt or something for the next round of Weezer tours.  I'd buy his artwork.  Check it out though.  He is really talented.  Hope he doesn't mind me showing it off!  I'm a big fan of his!

This is from when people thought the lyrics in I'm Your Daddy were "Egg a Goombah"

This guy is good.  I <3 you HC! :)

This is just a simple design I created.

I hope you like it.

Freeman said:

Sorry, no artwork to show off  (yet)

Does someone own the rights to the flying W?  I half remember reading somewhere that Pat made it up (...and lots of people point out the similarity to the flying VH...)

If someone was looking to make something for themselves, not production or for profit,  like, say, a simple belt buckle, who would I ask?  (I know there are Weezer belt buckles available, but I want a simple weezer logo, and I'd rather make it myself.

Do I ask Pat?

Mr Wilson, sir, I respectfully ask, might I make use of your design (if it IS your design) in order to make an awesome-sauce belt buckle? 

(also- cool design Danielle, any applications in mind for that?)

Freeman said:

(also- cool design Danielle, any applications in mind for that?)

Thanks Freeman. I drew that picture for the anniversary of =w= on Valentine's Day.

It's interesting that you should bring up the issue of copyright. I think that companies that manufacture guitars are senstive about the design of their instruments being replicated. 

I don't know if it is legal to replicate say the shape of a certain type of guitar in art without permission. Though a corporation would hardly be concerned with a small piece of fan art, since it has no commercial application. 

I haven't planned anything further for this design, but I'd like to create some more =w= inspired art.

Karl probably knows more about these issues since he has an art background. We looked at copyright when I was in art college, but I've not really had to think about it since then.

Weezer should really be having you design their shirts! I would buy almost all of them! Good work my friend!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Anything by our good friend HEADCHEESE (Luke) is beautiful.  I love his work.  He did the A6 banner and the HOMiE cover along with some other great stuff.  I gotta be honest, IF I WERE WEEZER I'D HIRE HIM FOR THE COVER OF THE NEXT ALBUM AS THAT WOULD BE ALL THAT IS GREAT AND GOOD WITH THE WORLD haha.

At the very least, Sarah... Karl... Rivers... you should get him to do a poster or t-shirt or something for the next round of Weezer tours.  I'd buy his artwork.  Check it out though.  He is really talented.  Hope he doesn't mind me showing it off!  I'm a big fan of his!

This is from when people thought the lyrics in I'm Your Daddy were "Egg a Goombah"

This guy is good.  I <3 you HC! :)

Thought I would post this here because it's so awesome.  Super impressive, jKlein.

Thanks you, Placemats!!!!

I have more photos but I will share them later. I want to get them all completed before I share the rest.

placemats said:

Thought I would post this here because it's so awesome.  Super impressive, jKlein.

My son draws several of these every week. Brian is always rocking the Explorer and I think that's Karl on synth at the far right. Nothing like youthful obsession, huh?

This would be such a sick album cover! This is for sure my favorite!

Mada said:

My son draws several of these every week. Brian is always rocking the Explorer and I think that's Karl on synth at the far right. Nothing like youthful obsession, huh?

Haha! It would take months to peel my kid off the cieling...

Here's another one by me

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video